Blaze Bayley

The time has come for me to get into Blaze's solo work. Which songs would be best for me at first?

Rarely does anything stick on the first listening for me, but there's clearly plenty to come back to here. I knew already that Ghost in the Machine was good, but it's even better than i remember, Evolution too.
Still nothing to top Kathy Wilson by Wolfsbane yet though.

@Diesel 11: You should open up polls where we can vote on all of Blaze's solo material and do a countdown. Like the Bruce and Adrian ones.

I'm nominating you because I'm too lazy to do it myself. :p

@Diesel 11: You should open up polls where we can vote on all of Blaze's solo material and do a countdown. Like the Bruce and Adrian ones.

I'm nominating you because I'm too lazy to do it myself. :p
It’s coming! I just wanted to finish listening to his discography so I’ll have heard albums at least twice before voting, so as to know what I like best from them. But it’s definitely on its way, soon I hope. :)

It’s coming! I just wanted to finish listening to his discography so I’ll have heard albums at least twice before voting, so as to know what I like best from them. But it’s definitely on its way, soon I hope. :)

Great to hear! The idea has been on the back of my mind for a while now, but I must admit I don't have the time to organize it myself. I'll definitely be participating if you start it up though :)

Great to hear! The idea has been on the back of my mind for a while now, but I must admit I don't have the time to organize it myself. I'll definitely be participating if you start it up though :)
If you ever find the time to organize it, lemme know and you can have full reigns. Otherwise it’ll begin as soon as I finish his discography. :)

I'll see what I can do, but don't hold your breath - I still need to find the time to finish listening to Adrian's solo discography before the end of the week :p

Acoustic version of Lightning Strikes Twice.

Really good version, maybe my favorite of the acoustic songs he and Thomas have done together.

Speaking of Thomas, I chatted with him on FB after they released the video, and kind of wondered aloud if they might one day have all of the Blaze era Maiden songs redone in acoustic style, since they've got 5 done (not counting Blood Brothers, obviously), and likely at least another one or two this fall when the pair release another acoustic album.

He said that he'd just talked to Blaze about the idea of redoing The X Factor in its entirety acoustically. He didn't say more on the subject, but a cool notion to entertain, at least. I'd nab it.

I don't like Blaze's voice at all and i think him to be a mediocre singer, pretty monotonic and boring. Having said that i think music- wise his albums are not bad at all. I find at least 2-3 good tracks on every record, but not on the last one that's imo is lifeless.

Alright guys, I'm starting to compile the Blaze stuff together so we can have a ranking thread like we did with Bruce and like @Jer currently is doing with Adrian. I'll be finishing up my Blaze listen within the next few days and I think we can begin the voting stage soon.

I do have a question though - I have all the album tracks + Silicon Messiah extras + Soundtrack To My Life originals. Are there any other bonus tracks I should add in?

Alright guys, I'm starting to compile the Blaze stuff together so we can have a ranking thread like we did with Bruce and like @Jer currently is doing with Adrian. I'll be finishing up my Blaze listen within the next few days and I think we can begin the voting stage soon.

I do have a question though - I have all the album tracks + Silicon Messiah extras + Soundtrack To My Life originals. Are there any other bonus tracks I should add in?
What about Wolfsbane?

What about Wolfsbane?
I'd rather do them separate if anything. Just like I didn't include Samson with Bruce, Wolfsbane is a different band altogether and I'd rather focus solely on Blaze's own solo stuff. With Adrian it's different because he's so spread out, but Wolfsbane and Blaze Bayley exist as different entities and I wanna keep them separate.

Whatever you like to do but: Adrian's musical projects are more different and separate (!) entities than Blaze's. Blaze did Wolfsbane material on Blaze studio record and Blaze played Wolfsbane material live with Blaze band.

Last edited:
I think it's better to keep them separate. I know Jer included all of Adrian's music in the same countdown, but it's still only 4 studio albums (and a lot of collaborations and limited releases). Blaze's solo career has so far produced 9 studio albums, in addition to the bonus tracks. It would be a daunting process to go through first Wolfsbane and then Blaze's solo stuff, both for listeners who might not be familiar with any of it, as well as the one who organizes it.
That being said, I'm not opposed to doing a Wolfsbane ranking in the future :)

Back