Blaze Bayley

I don't think there are other than those :)

Though, around 2005 or 2006, when the first incarnation of his solo band were splitting up, he played two new tracks live, "Death of a Singer" and "Sin by Sin". The former was re-worked into "Dimebag" from the King of Metal-album, but the latter has never been released in studio form. There are a few live versions of it on YT however, including this one (shitty quality, though):

I leave it up to you to decide whether to include it or not!

Thanks for posting them! I’ll give them a listen but I think I’ll probably just stick to studio stuff. We'll see. :)

Yes, well, the quality of that particular video is so bad that if it's actually used as basis to judge the song, it might get absolutely annihilated in the rankings :D and again, it was never officially released, so skipping it is fair.

Gotcha. I'm listening to the first Infinite Entanglement album right now, and if I'm able I'd like to listen to the other two tonight as well. So we're getting closer to the epicness of the Blaze Bayley rankings....

Blaze Bayley just posted some additional tour dates - late March to April 2019, then late August 2019, all in the UK. Hopefully he'll visit North/South America in between those.

Please post the tour dates rather than teasing us!

Gladly:

MARCH
28 BILSTON, ROBIN 2
29 STAMFORD, VOODOO LOUNGE
30 SHEFFIELD, CORPORATION

APRIL
4 SWINDON, VICTORIA
5 SWANSEA, HANGAR 18
6 SOUTHAMPTON, THE 1865
10 GLASGOW, IVORY BLACKS
11 NEWCASTLE, TRILLIANS
12 GRIMSBY, YARDBIRDS
13 MANCHESTER, CLUB ACADEMY

AUGUST
23 BUCKLEY, THE TIVOLI
24 STOKE, ELEVEN
25 BLACKPOOL, WATERLOO
29 PLYMOUTH, THE JUNCTION
30 BRIDGWATER, COBBLESTONES
31 LONDON, UNDERWORLD

Swindon and Southampton aren't too far away from Guildford. :p

Thanks for reminding me the obvious (London is quite close too), but I have other priorities than travelling elsewhere to see Blaze, especially as I have suggested his management suitable venues to play here. ;)

Who the hell plays in Guildford anyway?

In terms of known metal bands, not that many, but I have seen some quality acts here in recent years (e.g. The Waterboys x3, Wilko Johnson, John Mayall, Thin Lizzy, Black Star Riders, Roger Daltrey...) and would be seeing more soon (e.g. The Robert Cray Band). Oh, and I nearly ran over Eric Clapton with my car. With hindsight, I probably should have done that taking into account his praise of Enoch Powell... :censored:

You should be the promoter and book him to play your local.

Why would I want to lose money?? :lol:

Joking aside, there are a couple of suitable venues here and I think he would be able to pull a decent crowd of people interested enough in what he does to go to a local gig but not to travel elsewhere. However, I guess Blaze (or his entourage) think that we are too close to London.

We’re excited to announce that our 2019 touring will be named ‘Tour of the Eagle Spirit’ and our setlist will include some of the more epic tracks from the trilogy, quite a different setlist to what you’ve seen in 2018.

Much of our booking work is complete and today we’re delighted to be able to confirm all the UK dates for 2019.

MARCH
28 BILSTON, ROBIN 2
29 STAMFORD, VOODOO LOUNGE
30 SHEFFIELD, CORPORATION
APRIL
4 SWINDON, VICTORIA
5 SWANSEA, HANGAR 18
6 SOUTHAMPTON, THE 1865
10 GLASGOW, IVORY BLACKS
11 NEWCASTLE, TRILLIANS
12 GRIMSBY, YARDBIRDS
13 MANCHESTER, CLUB ACADEMY
AUGUST
23 BUCKLEY, THE TIVOLI
24 STOKE, ELEVEN
25 BLACKPOOL, WATERLOO
29 PLYMOUTH, THE JUNCTION
30 BRIDGWATER, COBBLESTONES
31 LONDON, UNDERWORLD

We’re equally thrilled to announce that our special guests on these shows will be Manchester-based heavy metallers VICE, except the shows at Bilston, Sheffield, Buckley and Stoke where the special guests will be operatic metal band AONIA (featuring Jo Robinson and Mel Adams who sung on the Infinite Entanglement trilogy), and except Blackpool where local metallers AVARUS will be our special guests. Check out and support these excellent bands using these links….

https://www.facebook.com/Vicemetaluk/
https://www.facebook.com/aoniauk/
https://www.facebook.com/avarusofficial/

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the shows next year which promises to be another landmark year. Watch out for more announcements during the next few days and weeks.

Meanwhile, in response to Facebook cutting back our reach from Pages and Groups, we’re encouraging fans to join our ‘Be the first’ newsletter (mailing list) to ensure that you receive our news direct to your email inbox on your PC or mobile. Be the first to receive Blaze Bayley tour updates, album releases and other news. If you already receive our newsletters there’s no need to re-join but if you don’t currently receive them, the link to join is here http://eepurl.com/cqsPAT

Thank you everyone!
42195929_2131647286868779_3414830850968125440_n.jpg

I guess the Bermudez brothers reformed their melodic death metal band Under Threat after being fired by Blaze, and they've put out a couple of albums since then. Not typical Cookie Monster death vox, but not my cup of tea either. Nice music, though, at least outside of the rote cut-time stuff.

I don't think there are other than those :)

Though, around 2005 or 2006, when the first incarnation of his solo band were splitting up, he played two new tracks live, "Death of a Singer" and "Sin by Sin". The former was re-worked into "Dimebag" from the King of Metal-album, but the latter has never been released in studio form. There are a few live versions of it on YT however, including this one (shitty quality, though):

I leave it up to you to decide whether to include it or not!

I'm still pissed we got cheated out of that album. Sin by Sin had me so hyped back in the day...

Despite the bad quality of the video, I think it sounds pretty promising too. That chorus has the potential to be absolutely killer.

Back