Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone is interested, here is the Instagram account of Ken Pooch Van Druten, the sound engineer who, according to many people, is finally making the band sound great live, way better than with Doug Hall or Martin Walker:

https://www.instagram.com/tourpooch/
Three things:

1. Van Druten! That a Dutch name, and a somewhat silly sounding one. It's also the name of a sadistic schoolteacher in Dirk-Jan (cartoon).
a80946c7a641e326f4b45207df086c76--vans-strip.jpg

"Van Druten, I've heard that you are beating students" / "It won't happen again, Mr. Hendriks"

2. Ghost, can you elaborate a bit more on the progress of sound? I never felt it was that bad in the past, up to 5 or 6 years ago, maybe when Hall left? I felt Dave was hard to hear during the last few tours but now it's all very good indeed.

3. WTF! Van Druten was very close behind me filming during The Wicker Man.
I have no time indicator but I am standing on the left side of that large man who stands on the left side of another large and bald man.
Before me, or a bit right before me is a tall blond guy, who looks like Duff McKagan. It's hard to see me, I am not even sure if I can, but at least you have an idea where I was. I think I might be seen for a glimpse of a second after the last "Your Time Will Come" and during the first note of Adrian's solo although it's not very visible at all. At least you can imagine I am on the left side of the big guy in the middle during the solo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkuAlvshoR4/?taken-by=tourpooch

Last edited:
Three things:

1. Van Druten! That a Dutch name, and a somewhat silly sounding one. It's also the name of a sadistic schoolteacher in Dirk-Jan (cartoon).
a80946c7a641e326f4b45207df086c76--vans-strip.jpg

"Van Druten, I've heard that you are beating students" / "It won't happen again, Mr. Hendriks"

2. Ghost, can you elaborate a bit more on the progress of sound? I never felt it was that bad in the past, up to 5 or 6 years ago, maybe when Hall left? I felt Dave was hard to hear during the last few tours but now it's all very good indeed.

3. WTF! Van Druten was very close behind me filming during The Wicker Man.
I have no time indicator but I am standing on the left side of that large man who stands on the left side of another large and bald man.
Before me, or a bit right before me is a tall blond guy, who looks like Duff McKagan. It's hard to see me, I am not even sure if I can, but at least you have an idea where I was. I think I might be seen for a glimpse of a second after the last "Your Time Will Come" and during the first note of Adrian's solo although it's not very visible at all. At least you can imagine I am on the left side of the big guy in the middle during the solo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkuAlvshoR4/?taken-by=tourpooch

Van Druten reposted this. It's not his video.

Anyways, he has my respect. The overall sound is great. But the drum sound, man, the drum sound... It's probably the best drum sound I ever heard in my life live. I don't know what kind of pact he made with the devil for it.

Whole gig from tonight:

Once again after 34 years, Nicko started Icarus too early and there is no inflatable Icarus.

H is using a Jackson on drop-D songs again, but I need a beter video to determine if Proto I was re-necked or is he using Proto II.

Bruce is struggling on RTTH. Badly. Not LAD bad, but still pretty bad (he can't hold the notes).

Last edited:
Whole gig from tonight:
Bruce is struggling on RTTH. Badly. Not LAD bad, but still pretty bad (he can't hold the notes).

As expected and as I suspected: he wouldn't handle this encore during the entire tour.

I'm no expert, but I think they must consider changing the amount of gigs they do during a tour, because it has happened on TBOS and it is now happening again.

First 2 months of tour = amazing, Bruce can handle it very well.
Last half of the tour = Bruce struggling.

As expected and as I suspected: he wouldn't handle this encore during the entire tour.

I'm no expert, but I think they must consider changing the amount of gigs they do during a tour, because it has happened on TBOS and it is now happening again.

First 2 months of tour = amazing, Bruce can handle it very well.
Last half of the tour = Bruce struggling.

We'll see. He started singing amazingly again at the beginning of the EU leg of the tour in 2016.

I'm a bit wary of readng this thread lately for fear of having to face the topic of Bruce's shorts again, so forgive me if this has been posted already. Some stats regarding ticket sales on the tour.

Artist(s): Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage
Venue: Tele2 Arena - Stockholm, Sweden
Attendance/Capacity: 37,221/37,221
Gross Sales: $2,926,064

Venue: Letnany Airport - Prague, Czech Republic
Attendance/Capacity: 29,763/30,000
Gross Sales: $2,314,576

Venue: Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, Finland
Attendance/Capacity: 20,344/20,344
Gross Sales: $2,072,080