Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree with that Bruce can’t do wrong. Sometimes he doesn’t sound good, he’s just human. However his bad moments are still light years ahead of many other singers. It’s ok to simply don’t like part of his performance.

I don’t agree with that Bruce can’t do wrong. Sometimes he doesn’t sound good, he’s just human. However his bad moments are still light years ahead of many other singers. It’s ok to simply don’t like part of his performance.
I completely agree with that. But the thing is, it's very different to say "he sounds bad" and "he's not at his best". Like you said, his bad moments are way ahead of many other singers. In that case, how can you say that he ever sounded bad? He never did. He just had a few moments where he was not at his best and full potential.

I don't know, Bruce has always sounded great to me. I think there's a lot of nitpicking about his performances. I think he's incredible, even with a few minor stumbles here and there. The whole greatly outweighs the sum of the parts with Bruce.
The majority of Maiden fans will never post in a fan message board. So that kind of makes us Maiden Nerds. And nerds tend to nitpick what they are passionate about at times.

Has anyone ever seem Megadeth live?
I completely agree with that. But the thing is, it's very different to say "he sounds bad" and "he's not at his best". Like you said, his bad moments are way ahead of many other singers. In that case, how can you say that he ever sounded bad? He never did. He just had a few moments where he was not at his best and full potential.

I read these two posts in the opposite order, i.e. @Number 6 first. My first thought was "Those who say Bruce sounds bad should go and see Megadeth".

I don't think Bruce sounds bad in anything yet on this tour. There are parts where he's stretching and there are parts where he's throwing the lyrics away in favor of the stage show (RTTH), but he still sounds great for his age, cancer, and the initial difficulty of the vocal lines.

Has anyone ever seem Megadeth live?
They’ve been downtuning since 2013 to counter but I don’t think it’s working.

No, it actually makes it worse because the thrashy riffs are so fast that they sound like mud now (on top of Dave's mud and screeching).

I've said this already, and I'll repeat myself: Bruce never sounded bad, period. To claim otherwise is insane to me.

I would suggest listening to my bootleg collection if I could beam it to you Star Trek style. After that, if your opinion hasn't changed, I would recommend seeing a hearing doctor :D

Simple - it’s bad by his standards. Overall it’s great.

Guys, there’s nothing wrong with criticizing your favorite musicians. Bruce is human just like everyone else and has had bad nights. That doesn’t say anything about his abilities as a vocalist nor does it take away from his accomplishments. It’s delusional to pretend he has never had a bad night in almost 40 years of being a touring musician.

Guys, there’s nothing wrong with criticizing your favorite musicians. Bruce is human just like everyone else and has had bad nights. That doesn’t say anything about his abilities as a vocalist nor does it take away from his accomplishments. It’s delusional to pretend he has never had a bad night in almost 40 years of being a touring musician.

Exactly.

I don't know, Bruce has always sounded great to me. I think there's a lot of nitpicking about his performances. I think he's incredible, even with a few minor stumbles here and there. The whole greatly outweighs the sum of the parts with Bruce.
I agree. He's a great singer who has his ups and downs but there is a lot of nitpicking. I personally don't have a great ear for this sort of thing but I know bad when I hear it, such as Dave Mustaine (as Whooten mentioned) but I think he's gotten a bit better than he was a few years ago. There's only a handful of singers who I might regard as flawless live: Hansi Kursh, Simone Simons, Anneke van Giersbergen and Anna Murphy. Bear in mind that Hansi and Simone are not the most mobile frontpeople in the world, mostly confining themselves to lateral pacing, while Bruce runs around the stage and puts far more emphasis into the theatrical aspect of the show than most. Anneke and Anna also play instruments while performing, but I've only ever seen them play in very confined environments so they might make more use of a proper stage.

I never said he never had a bad night. I said he never sounded bad, that's quite different. A bad Bruce night is when his singing is average. There's where the nitpicking comes in: LAD, for example, is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I've heard some go as far as to say Bruce butchered certain songs live, which (the way I see it) is simply not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back