Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, can the other Iron Maiden band (hard rock band form the 60's) can sue Maiden for the name rights :confused:

They are formed in 1966 and had released only one album in 1969 - http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/article.php?article_id=1317&page=&message_id=

What you think about this band ? I think their music sounds kinda innovative for 1960s !

Interesting paragraph:

''The only thing that is known is that in 1976 Steve Harris received a phone call from another English person with different accent, threatening to sue them for using the same band name. The threat was never substantiated and became forgotten in the treasures of memory.''

I wonder if they can sue @Maiden Voyages too! :p

Just a reminder - the Basildon Iron Maiden (album posted by @Kalata above), formerly Bum,
hqdefault.jpg

the Bolton Iron Maiden (whose member probably called Steve; http://theboltonironmaiden.com/),

and, for that matter, USA female band Iron Maiden
upload_2018-7-4_21-42-5.png

are three different bands.

Pretty sure Harris trademarked the Iron Maiden name to himself after the funny phone call so a lawsuit probably won't go anywhere, especially if they can't prove he actually nicked the name
Yeah it was in the early days video. They were about to go onstage and another band called and told them to stop using the name. He went out that day and got the rights to the name.

Pretty sure Harris trademarked the Iron Maiden name to himself after the funny phone call so a lawsuit probably won't go anywhere, especially if they can't prove he actually nicked the name
Yeah it was in the early days video. They were about to go onstage and another band called and told them to stop using the name. He went out that day and got the rights to the name.
It was mentioned in "Run to the Hills" as well. He took the phone call at the bar of the Cart and Horses, actually.

Apologies if this has been posted before but does anyone have any clear photos of the shirts they've been selling at the gigs? The UK ones they just announced look a bit boring and I'm wondering if there's more interesting ones selling at the merch stands.

Do we also know if they're doing individual city ones?

Saw them in Prague and there were none that were exclusive to the Czech Republic or Prague as such but there were quite a lot of designs not available on their Web Shop.

My mate got a cool Olive Green one (makes a change from Black!) with the Aces High Eddie on the front and the artwork of a AMOLD and the LOTB Tour dates on the back!

Saw them in Prague and there were none that were exclusive to the Czech Republic or Prague as such but there were quite a lot of designs not available on their Web Shop.

My mate got a cool Olive Green one (makes a change from Black!) with the Aces High Eddie on the front and the artwork of a AMOLD and the LOTB Tour dates on the back!

Oooh fair enough that sounds pretty cool, thanks for the info!

H is getting old but he still got that calm and positive aura.

Last edited:
Adrian's pet peeve's part 2:
-people throwing rubbish out of their cars
-people on mobile phones while driving
-graffiti

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk0N7LmBSYV/?taken-by=nathalie_d_smith
I'd watch a Curb Your Enthusiasm-like show with Adrian Smith.

Adrian is walking down the street and sees a guy drawing graffiti on the building. He calls the cops. Cops come but by then the graffiti guy is gone and they are angry with Adrian for calling them for such a petty crime. Later he's driving and sees another guy talking on the phone while driving. He calls the cops again but since he didn't memorize the licence plates, there's nothing they can do. Later a dude throws a soda bottle out of the car window which hits Adrian who was walking nearby. He calls the cops again. They come and tell him not to report stupid stuff like that again.
Next day he's walking and sees a guy with a gun robbing a lady. He calls the cops but they hang up on him, then the lady starts yelling at him for letting the perp escape and bystanders join her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back