2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

And if we now count the teams that have qualified for the round of 16, we have 10 from Europe, 4 from South America, and then Japan and Mexico. Not a single team from Africa ... Apart from Senegal, the African teams have been pretty poor in this tournament.

So, who will everyone be supporting now that the tournament has entered the knock-out rounds?

And if we now count the teams that have qualified for the round of 16, we have 10 from Europe, 4 from South America, and then Japan and Mexico. Not a single team from Africa ... Apart from Senegal, the African teams have been pretty poor in this tournament.

So, who will everyone be supporting now that the tournament has entered the knock-out rounds?

In this order: Brazil-Portugal-Uruguay-Colombia-Belgium-England-Croatia-Sweden-Mexico-Denmark-Japan-Spain-France-Swizerland-Russia-Argentina

dDCsJnu.jpg

A Brazil Argentina semi final is what I want to see from that line up.
Croatia Sweden from the other side.

Messi to win the day. Doubt it will happen, though. Argentina are too shit to win this World Cup, surely...

My order of preference:

England-Portugal-Belgium-France-(Colombia-Sweden-Mexico-Denmark-Japan-Russia-Uruguay)-Spain-Argentina-Brazil-Croatia-Switzerland

The ones in the middle are pretty interchangeable though.

For the first time since the introduction of the eighth finals (Mexico, World Cup 1986), there is no African country in the last sixteen.
Ten European countries reached the eighth finals. That happened for the last time in 2006. Only Iceland, Serbia, Germany
and Poland failed. South America delivers four countries in the last sixteen. Asia and North/Central America (ConCaCaf) one.

Last sixteen on all WC's since 1986:
'18 '14 '10 '06 '02 '98 '94 '90 '86
Europe 10 6 6 10 9 10 10 10 10
Africa 0 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Asia 1 0 2 0 2 0 1 0 0
S-America 4 5 5 3 2 4 2 4 4
ConCaCaf 1 3 2 1 2 1 2 1 1
Oceania 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0

Last edited:
As I write this we have less than 31 hours to fill in the sheet. Let's see if some peope forget to do this. Would make a comeback a little easier. ;-P

Last edited:
Back