Change some of the Maiden setlists

The Red and the Black's instrumental section is longer than most of the instrumentals, so we've gotten pretty close to that.

Somewhere On Tour 86/87

Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years
Sea Of Madness
2 Minutes 2 Midnight
Children Of The Damned
Stranger In A Strange Land
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Walking On Glass (guitar solo/duo)
Flight Of Icarus
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

The Number Of The Beast
Heaven Can Wait
Run To The Hills

Every song in the setlist was played at least once during the 86/87 tour. Where Eagles Dare, Phantom Of The Opera, Running Free and Sanctuary are the songs played during Somewhere On Tour that I’ve excluded.

I was at the Landover Maryland show in 87, my first ever gig, and when the backdrop of a tall ship was rolled out I thought they were about to play Alexander but was so grateful it turned out to be Rime Of The Ancient Mariner...my favourite song at the time. I’m happy to retain Rime and leave out Alexander because I don’t think Maiden would have considered playing both epics during that stage of their career.

I’ve rearranged the setlist order quite a bit...the first three songs from Somewhere In Time kick things off as I really like the way that idea worked on the Brave New World and AMOLAD tours. Also, that option would have offered protection for The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner which I feel would have survived beyond the first night of the tour if it was placed towards the end of the main set. As third song of the opening show in Belgrade it was under too much pressure to build up crowd intensity when playing a heavier hitting song at that point would have been smarter.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a dick....but why?

Probably because I was thirteen at the time and was completely blown away by being at a Maiden concert. I saw the ship and the first image that came to mind was Alexander sailing around the Mediterranean on his way to war. I clearly remember saying, “Alexander the Great” to my brother. He said, “no...Invaders”.

The Final Frontier 2010

1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. El Dorado
4. Dance Of Death
5. The Trooper
6. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
7. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
8. Rainmaker
9. Blood Brothers
10. Paschendale
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-------------------------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Wasted Years

Probably because I was thirteen at the time and was completely blown away by being at a Maiden concert. I saw the ship and the first image that came to mind was Alexander sailing around the Mediterranean on his way to war. I clearly remember saying, “Alexander the Great” to my brother. He said, “no...Invaders”.
The speed of ships is measured through knots, so...perhaps you were onto something.

Eddie Rips up the World 2005

Ides of March Tape
1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Wrathchild
3. Prowler
4. Revelations
5. The Trooper
6. Remember Tomorrow
7. Where Eagles Dare
8. Killers
9. Children of the Damned
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Still Life
12. Number of the Beast
13. Phantom of the Opera
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Iron Maiden
---
16. The Prisoner
17. Sanctuary
18. Drifters

Couldn't really find room for Run to The Hills or Running Free. Despite all of the controversy here, I felt as though Drifters was a necessary addition to the set. Plus Killers, Still Life, and The Prisoner would have really shined in this set.

Book of Souls 2017

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Where Eagles Dare
Children of the Damned
Montsegur
The Red and the Black
The Trooper
Run to the Hills
The Great Unknown
The Book of Souls
Paschendale
Flight of Icarus
------------

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed be Thy Name
Wasted Years

I think that TBOS set was pretty amazing and rather adventurous album tour set in Maiden standards. Changes? Well I think Brave New World would have fitted very well in FOTD's place and I would have loved to see Tears of a Clown in '17 set too (WITH The Great Unknown), but yeah... I guess it really wouldn't have fitted anywhere at that point. It was pretty great set anyway!

Still bitter that I couldn't attend the London shows. I had tickets for both nights at O2 and flights booked as well. Oh well... :D

Maiden England 2013 (somewhere in time+7th son played in their entirety)

Moonchild
Caught somewhere in Time
Infinite Dreams
Wasted Years
Can I play with Madness
Sea of Madness
The Evil That Men Do
Heaven Can Wait
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
The Prophecy
Stranger in a Strange Land

Encore:
The Clairvoyant
Deja Vu
Only The good Die Young

2nd Encore:
Alexander the Great

I'll go with Maiden England 2013 too...

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Prisoner
The Trooper
Infinite Dreams
Killers
Can I Play With Madness?
Revelations
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Clairvoyant
Seventh Son
Wasted Years
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Caught Somewhere in Time
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills

Maiden England was my first Maiden concert. I loved it, but the set had some issues. RTTH, Wasted Years and NOTB seemed really weird in the middle of the set, Phantom and ATSS were very out of place and they missed a great opportunity to bring back some Somewhere in Time cuts. Not 100% on this, but for now I quite like it.

Eddie Rips up the World 2005

Ides of March Tape
1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Wrathchild
3. Prowler
4. Revelations
5. The Trooper
6. Remember Tomorrow
7. Where Eagles Dare
8. Killers
9. Children of the Damned
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Still Life
12. Number of the Beast
13. Phantom of the Opera
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Iron Maiden
---
16. The Prisoner
17. Sanctuary
18. Drifters

Couldn't really find room for Run to The Hills or Running Free. Despite all of the controversy here, I felt as though Drifters was a necessary addition to the set. Plus Killers, Still Life, and The Prisoner would have really shined in this set.

you forgot purgatory!

Dance of Death 2003
1. Wildest Dreams
2. Wasted Years
3. Can I Play With Madness?
4. Man on the Edge
5. Dance of Death
6. Rainmaker
7. Brave New World
8. Paschendale
9. Lord of the Flies
10. No More Lies
11. Face in the Sand
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----
14. Journeyman
15. Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

This is nearly a perfect setlist. It flows really well regardless of my changes. Face in the Sand would be a cool one to see. I really wanted to add Gates of Tomorrow but there's really no spot for it.

Dance of Death 2003
1. Wildest Dreams
2. Wasted Years
3. Can I Play With Madness?
4. Man on the Edge
5. Dance of Death
6. Rainmaker
7. Brave New World
8. Paschendale
9. Lord of the Flies
10. No More Lies
11. Face in the Sand
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----
14. Journeyman
15. Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

This is nearly a perfect setlist. It flows really well regardless of my changes. Face in the Sand would be a cool one to see. I really wanted to add Gates of Tomorrow but there's really no spot for it.

Would you teach Nicko how to use double bass pedal for 6 months?

Back