Official Football Thread

As a German I probably should hate Holland, but my hate for Italy overshadows that by a landslide :D

It's possible. My affinity for international teams apart from my own really only depends on the squad. I hated the bald fraud after that, and then again after they beat Italy in EURO 2000. He redeemed himself in my eyes in the last two CL's though.
What did you make of this:

200.gif
?

As a German I probably should hate Holland, but my hate for Italy overshadows that by a landslide :D
I have a dislike for Italy too as they cheated against Scotland in qualification for Euro 2008. Czech Republic cheated against Scotland too a few years later, as did Gareth Bale. Obviously I would cheer for these teams against England. During Euro 2016 I watched England vs Wales with some Maidenfans in Oslo. Foro and I were the only ones supporting Wales.

What did you make of this:

200.gif
?

I have a dislike for Italy too as they cheated against Scotland in qualification for Euro 2008. Czech Republic cheated against Scotland too a few years later, as did Gareth Bale. Obviously I would cheer for these teams against England. During Euro 2016 I watched England vs Wales with some Maidenfans in Oslo. Foro and I were the only ones supporting Wales.
Was rooting for Wales as well (always do for the underdog) and they played amazing football that cup

As for this year I'm rooting for Croatia Serbia and Germany ofc

Edit : Italy fell through in 2006 when they beat us by pointing fingers at Frings getting him suspended for the scuffle hat the Argentina game

Bald fraud.

Might be a good decision for him though. They'll rebuild in the summer and if they don't win the league or CL next year he'd get sacked anyway. This way he goes out on his own terms with a perfect CL record.

Yup. I think it's a good decision. 2 of those CL titles were massive luck and I think he realised that he ran out of it...

What next? Take over France after the World Cup? Probably not, as Deschamps' contract runs for two more years. Any Ligue 1 clubs that could be interesting for him to take over?

I might be wrong, but I can't really see Zidane at any other job than the French national team at this point. The only question is when :)

Back