Official Football Thread

DeJraTAV4AAYbqY.jpg:large

I think Karius will stay as second choice goalkeeper but Mignolet will be allowed to leave. Jurgen Klopp's priority should be bringing in a reliable goalkeeper.

History Channel is showing a series of documentaries on football's greatest moments. Currently watching the episode about the 1998 World Cup, with a focus on England - Argentina game. What a legendary game that was. Argentina had a spectacular team back then - Batistuta, Simeone, Zanetti, Veron... Ah, I miss those days.

History Channel is showing a series of documentaries on football's greatest moments. Currently watching the episode about the 1998 World Cup, with a focus on England - Argentina game. What a legendary game that was. Argentina had a spectacular team back then - Batistuta, Simeone, Zanetti, Veron... Ah, I miss those days.
David Beckham's disgusting assault on Diego Simeone too. I'm amazed Diego made a full recovery. What a fighter.

Was Crespo also there? Too lazy to look it up

My only memories from that World Cup are Mijatovic's penalty and the final game in which I cursed the French.

Do you have an irrational hatred of the French because of that?
It's possible. My affinity for international teams apart from my own really only depends on the squad. I hated the bald fraud after that, and then again after they beat Italy in EURO 2000. He redeemed himself in my eyes in the last two CL's though.

Back