Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a crime that they neglect FOTD (the album). I also see no point in including more long songs. They've done it over and over again. I mean FTGGOG, SOTC and TC.....I wouldn't mind if they were left alone.

Just hypothetical speaking. If they were indeed swapping Greater Good(they won't ) , which songs could it be replaced by to fit the religious theme? No prayer for the dying and...?

Dance of Death if you classify Temple of Doom - style voodoo sacrificing as religion
Ditto TBOS
ROTAM (God's creatures all of them too . . . )

I think this is a great setlist. Aces High is a solid opener backed up by Eagles and 2 Minutes makes for a trilogy of classics that rock. Then to throw in a deep cut that fans appreciate in Clansman was a nice addition. And Trooper and Revelations are just great songs that almost have to be played every tour. And to me, FtGGoG was a nice add to the middle of the set because it’s one of the best songs of the new era. After that, Wicker rocks, Cross sounds great live, Icarus is well, a welcome return...
The last three are staples that will never go away in a Maiden concert.
Encore tunes were solid choices as well. Although Evil that Men is not a fave of mine, I get why it’s done. Hallowed is back and still my favorite Maiden song from any era. And RttH is a good closer, nice to see it return after a few years.
I just hope they announce a US tour soon so I can see this show.

Was hoping to avoid set list but couldn't resist ! Bit disappointed to be honest. FOI, WED, CLANSMAN and SIGN OF THE CROSS welcome. Granted always going to play RTTH, NOTB, TROOPER IRON MAIDEN, FOTD, HALLOWED. So why not swap ACES, WICKMAN, REVELATIONS, TETMD with BNW, BQBD, SIASL, KILLERS, TAILGUNNER, RAINMAKER. And where is WRATHCHILD!

I think it is a crime that they neglect FOTD (the album). I also see no point in including more long songs. They've done it over and over again. I mean FTGGOG, SOTC and TC.....I wouldn't mind if they were left alone.
What else would they play from that album apart from ATSS? It has a lot of filler

Well, I thought that they can't beat the TBOS stage set, but Maiden as always surprises me... this tour needs a live album and video/DVD only because of the amazing stage set !
I expected 17 songs to be played or 20, but with that setlist I can't afford to complain. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back