Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think they would record this tour but the stage set makes me doubt it. Just in case, hope they play in a festival with live stream.

I know I said I would do my best to avoid any spoilers, in the end I couldn't resist :p but now I am glad I checked the setlist since I am super excited and cannot wait until I see them on the 20th of July!

What else would they play from that album apart from ATSS? It has a lot of filler

Well as others also stated.....Be quick ore be dead,judas my guide would be great tracks to play. I would also prefer Childhood's end, afraid to shoot strangers,wasting love over any of the Blaze and post 2000 erra songs.

Guys, this setlist is incredible. I sincerely hope we get a US tour with this same setlist, setup, and that Bruce has a long time off before that US leg starts so that he sounds as amazing as he did last night!

I like this set list a lot and hope they bring it to the U.S. Only complaint is that there are NO songs from Somewhere in Time. Does anyone know the reason for that?

Yeah, I really hope when they come to the US next year, they leave the setlist alone. It's perfect the way it is, and I hope it's the same one we see.

Guitar-wise, H's main guitar is the Green Jackson and he also used 8431 proto for Drop-D and the black LP for SOTC and Clansman. I also saw his white V on the stand, but it wasn't used and another Les Paul.

Janick used his 4 strats and the Sandberg.

Dave used his California Series strat for the most of the show, the black 70's CS strat and the cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat for Wicker Man.

So that's it. If you have any questions, just ask.

I hope Adrian will play with that white V - awesome guitar !

I don't know what Bruce has been doing with his voice, but if he's gonna sound this fucking good and start throwing bluesy vocal runs into his performances I am even more of a fan than I was before! Check the run during the second line at 2:39.

The only letdown I'm seeing so far from these vids is Adrian's playing The Wicker Man solo the laziest it's ever been. Solo at 2:15

I like this set list a lot and hope they bring it to the U.S. Only complaint is that there are NO songs from Somewhere in Time. Does anyone know the reason for that?

Bruce hates it, Adrian doesn't seem too fond of it anymore, and they played Wasted Years for the last 3 tours so they probably think it's fine to omit the album.

Well as others also stated.....Be quick ore be dead,judas my guide would be great tracks to play. I would also prefer Childhood's end, afraid to shoot strangers,wasting love over any of the Blaze and post 2000 erra songs.
They’re never gonna play childhood or Judas ever.

I’d love to hear bqobd though

This is my review of the first concert of the LOTB tour:

- the setlist:

1.Aces High - well, I must say that I like this song to be the opener. One of the Maiden best songs and eternal classic ! The inflatable plane on the stage was out of this world !
2.Where Eagles Dare - I'm not a fan of this song, but I like that they play a rarity ! (I would swap it for Prowler)
3. 2MTM - again, one of Maiden best songs and I'm happy that they returned it to the set.
4.The Clansman - one of the 2 Blaze era best songs - so much melody in it and definitely a classic from that era.
5.The Trooper - one of the best heavy metal songs of all time ! I'm never get tired listening to it...
6.Revelations - probably Bruce have put that song on the set, one of the slower mid-tempo songs by Maiden and a classic for the ages ! POM is heavily featured.
7.FTGGOG - a modern epic which is a really great song - maybe it looks out of the place in this set full of classics, but it's a highlight of the show.
8.The Wicker Man - top 5 song for me and already a classic. I'll welcome it with joy any time.
9.Sign of the Cross - I've waited for that song since 2001, and finally it has been appeared - melodic song with a great live feel.
10.Flight of Icarus - one of the forgotten Maiden classics - the biggest surprise on the setlist and Bruce with that flamethrower is going to be epic !
11.Fear of the Dark - always loved that song - live, is even more fantastic.
12.The Number of the Beast - many calls this song as the best Maiden song ever - eternal classic and a must for every setlist !
13.Iron Maiden - without this song the concert will be strange - the big Eddie is tremendous !
---------------------
14.TETMD - another classic song and I'm happy that they play it.
15.HBTN - the best heavy metal song in the history ! - what else can I say... :)
16.Run to the Hills - great way to close the set, but if they play ATG instead, then it would've been ''social media madness'' !

- the stage set: one of the best (if not the best) stage set in the Maiden history - with so many amazing backdrops/landscapes and many more details.

- the two Eddies: were amazing as always - the big Eddie is one of the best and the Trooper walk-on Eddies is also amazing - I only dislike the backdrop during The Trooper - they should have used the original artwork !

- the band: Bruce is amazing as always, Nicko plays faster and that is great, Steve is master, Adrian and Dave are legendary, but it seems that on this tour Janick have a small amount of solos that are played by him.
* Nicko drum kit is 50/50 for me and the Bruce stage costumes are top-notch - the leather pants really suits him ! Steve with the West Ham Fc emblem on his chest is epic, Janick with AH T-shirt, Dave with FOI T-shirt and vest, Adrian with blue scarf and jeans - all great ! It seems that Nicko is with Iron Maiden T-shirt: is he ever wear that kind of a T-shirt before ?

stage set - 11/10
setlist - 9/10
band performing - 1000000000000000000000000000000/10

This tour needs a live album and a video of it - amazing fresh setlist with a magnificent stage set !

Last edited:
This is my review of the first concert of the LOTB tour:

- the setlist:

1.Aces High - well, I must say that I like this song to be the opener. One of the Maiden best songs and eternal classic ! The inflatable plane on the stage was out of this world.
2.Where Eagles Dare - I'm not a fan of this song, but I like that they play a rarity ! (I would swap it for Prowler)
3. 2MTM - again, one of Maiden best songs and I'm happy that they returned it to the set.
4.The Clansman - one of the 2 Blaze era best songs - so much melody in it and definitely a classic from that era.
5.The Trooper - one of the best heavy metal songs of all time ! I'm never get tired listening to it...
6.Revelations - probably Bruce have put that song on the set, one of the slower mid-tempo songs by Maiden and a classic for the ages ! POM is heavily featured.
7.FTGGOG - a modern epic which is a really great song - maybe it looks out of the place in this set full of classics, but it's a highlight of the show.
8.The Wicker Man - top 5 song for me and already is a classic. I'll welcome it with joy any time.
9.Sign of the Cross - I've waited for that song since 2001, and finally it has been appeared - melodic song with a great live feel.
10.Flight of Icarus - one of the forgotten Maiden classics - the biggest surprise on the setlist and Bruce with that flamethrower will be epic !
11.Fear of the Dark - always loved that song - live, is even more fantastic.
12.The Number of the Beast - many calls this song as the best Maiden song ever - eternal classic and a must for every setlist !
13.Iron Maiden - without this song the concert would be strange - the big Eddie is tremendous !
---------------------
14.TETMD - another classic song and I'm happy that they play it.
15.HBTN - the best heavy metal song in the history ! - what else can I say... :)
16.Run to the Hills - great way to close the set, but if they play it ATG instead, then it would've been ''social media madness'' !

- the stage set: one of the best (if not the best) stage set in the Maiden history - with so many amazing backdrops/landscapes and many more details.

- the two Eddies: were amazing as always - the big Eddie is one of the best and the Trooper walk-on Eddies is also amazing - I only dislike the backdrop during The Trooper - they should have used the original artwork !

- the band: Bruce is amazing as always, Nicko plays faster and that is great, Steve is master, Adrian and Dave are legendary, but it seems that on this tour Janick have a small amount of solos that are played by him.
* Nicko drum kit is 50/50 for me and the Bruce stage costumes are top-notch - the leather pants really suits him ! Steve with the West Ham Fc emblem on his chest is epic, Janick with AH T-shirt, Dave with FOI T-shirt and vest, Adrian with blue scarf and jeans - all great ! It seems that Nicko is with Iron Maiden T-shirt: is he ever wear that kind of a T-shirt before ?

stage set - 11/10
setlist - 9/10
band performing - 1000000000000000000000000000000/10

This tour needs a live album and a video of it - amazing fresh setlist with a magnificent stage set !

Looks like you enjoyed this a lot. Which is great. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back