Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The set up to FOTD is one of the best they ever done. After that is a bit stale. I was hoping for another rarity for encores, though.

Doubt they give a fuck (they played the whole album to a dead audience in 06) but if they do I guess it would be this song

Like someone said awhile back, except for maybe 5 songs this is very similar to the RIR setlist. Just with the BNW stuff removed and replaced with Revelations, WED, FTGGOF AH and FOI. Amazing setlist indeed, but if they had done something more exciting with the final 6 songs this could have been their best ever. Some of the prop looks somewhat silly, but others like it. I always loved the minimalistic approach on the Di'Anno tour, NPFTD tour and The X Factour but the band is far to successful with the theatrical part to return to the stripped down format. 9/10.

How did the band sound live? From the videos, they are in pretty good shape and they seem to sound quite impressive.

How did the band sound live? From the videos, they are in pretty good shape and they seem to sound quite impressive.
They don't age. First show, what a massive performance. They don't usually hit their form until 4-5 shows into a tour.

FTGGOG is the song I'm looking forward the most. I hope a dead audience doesn't kilo me...
Short vid in instagram.. Crowd looks dead except first 2-3 rows.

Someone who wrote a review on a blog said it was a momentum killer

Someone who wrote a review on a blog said it was a momentum killer

Yes, good example of a song appriciated by the involved fans, but seen as a show stopper to the casual fan. Soon to be dropped in favour of Wrathchild or ATG?

The show was amazing. I love that they are playing 16 songs again. The show itself is on Pink Floyd The Wall levels. I think Bruce was given free hands about it and delivered. Planes, swords, pyromania and everything. 7-8 different stage costumes to go with it. Amazing. He was also more in the front than on TBOS tour, which I love. Vocally, he is best that he.has beensince the SBIT tour. Amazing performance.

Setlist up to FOTD is perfect. I mean perfect. They couldn't chose better first 10 songs. I'm not giving myself hard time because I was too young for BNW tour, because now I have seen all of the RIR songs apart from DOD and Mercenary (for which I don't particulary care) live. After Icarus, the setlist is a bit stale. I could do with another rarity there, because it was predictable as fuck. Ommision of SIT is sad. I also thought that FOTD was out of place stage set-wise and Hallowed would've worked better there. With one change, this could bw the perfect setlist:

Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Clansman
The Trooper
Revelations
For The Greater Good of God
The Wicker Man
Sign Of The Cross
Flight Of Icarus
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Number Of The Beast
Iron Maiden
----------------------------------
The Evil That Men Do
Stranger In A Strange Land
Run To The Hills

Guitar-wise, H's main guitar is the Green Jackson and he also used 8431 proto for Drop-D and the black LP for SOTC and Clansman. I also saw his white V on the stand, but it wasn't used and another Les Paul.

Janick used his 4 strats and the Sandberg.

Dave used his California Series strat for the most of the show, the black 70's CS strat and the cream Floyd Rose Classic Strat for Wicker Man.

So that's it. If you have any questions, just ask.

How about

Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clansman
The Trooper
Revelations
For the Greater Good of God
The Wicker Man
Sign of the Cross
Flight of Icarus
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden

Fear of the Dark
The Evil That Men Do
Run to the Hills

Good

Decades later I still can’t tell the songs no prayer, public enema number one and dates warning apart. I sort of like that album but nothing really stands out apart from it’s hot single

There are standouts.
PENO is the best song on album
HS the best video they've made
BYDTTS big hit
HIY worst ever H written song
MR a bit cringeworthy

Any comments on Janicks performance during FOI? Adrians during Clansman or SotC? Anything changed solo wise?
Everybody played their own solos except Hallowed, where Jan was still doing the solo. H played the Revelations solo for the first time since 85.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back