Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're done with history releases as we knew them. If occasionally something pops-up I don't think it will be announced with great fanfare or be supported by the tour.

Considering Tremonti, I'm quite surprised by the announcement, seems like a lot "softer" choice than on previous tours I've seen them and I'm perfectly fine with it.
Anyway, I've always wanted to see Van Halen live, didn't know it was going to be Wolfgang first.

Tremonti's solo band is not soft at all. It's the most metal thing he has ever been involved in and it leans towards the thrash/speed metal.

I’ve been following a lot of the Blabbermouth interview snippets they’ve been posting about Bruce recently. Is it just me or are these interviewers asking some great questions that I think are more interesting along with the answers than what was in Bruce’s book?

I’ve been following a lot of the Blabbermouth interview snippets they’ve been posting about Bruce recently. Is it just me or are these interviewers asking some great questions that I think are more interesting along with the answers than what was in Bruce’s book?

Yeah, I always wondered what Bruce think about Blaze and the two albums with him ! :)

Last edited:
My setlist hopes for Helsinki:

Churchill's Speech
Aces High
Moonchild
Sign of the Cross
Powerslave
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Phantom of the Opera
The Trooper
Alexander the Great
Revelations
Dance of Death
The Talisman
The Book of Souls
The Red and the Black

Last edited:
What are you basing these hopes on?
46.gif

What are you basing these hopes on?
Do you mean that what is my source or what criteria did I use to select these songs?

The source is my head.

The songs presented give a taste of ten albums of theirs. 64 % of the 80's, 7 % of the 90's, 7 % of the 00's, 21 % of the 10's.

An excellent live sound is in common with all these songs. I didn't hope for overplayed ones like Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, Running Free or Fear of the Dark. I also think that those are overrated.

There are a total of nine epics, but also five short tracks to make it more balanced set: Churchill's Speech, Aces High, Moonchild, The Trooper and Revelations. The first three make an excellent start for a gig.

The ending combo of the latest's album epics are magnificent played in that order at the end. The last four tracks are the newest ones, it gets newer step by step starting from Dance of Death.

If Maiden play FTGGOG and this would definitely be the ''epic'' of the tour, they can use soldier walk-on Eddie ! - would be as cool as on the AMOLAD tour :)

This tour is taking the form of the 2010 tour. And thats greeeeat.
I wouldn’t say quite that, the press release clearly says that the focus of the setlist will be 80s material with some surprises from later albums. I am beginning to think that means over 50% 80s, including some things we haven’t seen for a while (ranging from the 80s to just before ME tour), plus something from each album from NPFTD to AMOLAD.

so until now we have : ftggog
aces high
2mtm
run to the hills
fear of the dark
number of the beast
iron maiden
be quick or be dead
flight of icarus
something from sit (heaven can wait)
something from ssoass ( the evil that men do)
something from bnw (bnw or ghost of navigator)
something from blaze era (sigh of the cross or the clansman)

so until now we have : ftggog
aces high
2mtm
run to the hills
fear of the dark
number of the beast
iron maiden
be quick or be dead
flight of icarus
something from sit (heaven can wait)
something from ssoass ( the evil that men do)
something from bnw (bnw or ghost of navigator)
something from blaze era (sigh of the cross or the clansman)
I really much doubt that one. Roadies hate it, apparently. I guess we will see if it's played a month before or so, if they start to hand out HCW passes.

I really much doubt that one. Roadies hate it, apparently. I guess we will see if it's played a month before or so, if they start to hand out HCW passes.
I don’t understand about this HCW business, surely they could just not have people on stage and still play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back