Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how often we can have that "I hope they will play ATG" - "I don't think they will" - "I hope you're wrong" exchange... there must be a set limit somewhere.

I wonder how often we can have that "I hope they will play ATG" - "I don't think they will" - "I hope you're wrong" exchange... there must be a set limit somewhere.

I don't like that song. The lyrics are chilidish and don't rhyme. I can imagine Bruce doesn't want to sing it. Same with Mother Russia.

Now you'll be told to let the kids have fun.

my top 5 most wanted songs for next tour:
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Clansman
Flight of Icarus
Be Quick or be Dead
Flash of the Blade

We must be over 1000 posts like that by now.

24891695_731913250333482_887198252_n.png

Ooooooh, this will be awesome! If only they could join Hills of Rock too.

Still life, Talisman, EOTC (that's just a dream, but still), Revelations, Icarus, and... oh god I wanna hear Bruce's solo stuff played by them :(
I know that I want too much...:scared:

"Dear Iron Maiden,

Please would you play your entire back catalogue on the next tour? I don't mind if you want a tea break in the middle, or if you miss out The Assassin.

Sincerely,
Black Abyss Babe,
Aged 46 1/2"

:D

I actually quite like The Assassin - very dark and atmospheric song - superb solo from Janick :)

I actually quite like The Assassin - very dark and atmospheric song - superb solo from Janick :)
Janick doing as he was told by Steve though :D

I don't dislike the song, it's just the one I'd miss least - it's the only Maiden song where the lyrics irritate me slightly (it just feels a bit two-dimensional and cartoony considering it seems to be at least trying to take its subject matter seriously).

I've got no problem with it at all musically - I'm glad you like it :)

it's the only Maiden song where the lyrics irritate me slightly (it just feels a bit two-dimensional and cartoony considering it seems to be at least trying to take its subject matter seriously).
In my opinion, making "two-dimensional and cartoony" music and lyrics IS precisely what Maiden is all about... and they do it very well. :)

Last edited:
In my opinion, making "two-dimensional and cartoony" music and lyrics IS precisely what Maiden is all about... and they do it very well. :)
In the early days, certainly ("Killers" and "Running Free" for example) but less and less as they went on and (off the top) I can't think of any really recent example (as @Ruflux also observes). But I hadn't intended to start an off-topic debate and my original post was basically a joke (but then, you all knew that anyway :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back