Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this feeling we'll be hearing HCW next summer a lot. Considering the last time it was in the set was in 2008 and how Adrian probably wants WY to be swapped out for something else at this point and all. Unless Nicko somehow manages to convince them to do SIASL like he talked about, I guess.

Last edited:
I am not impressed anymore by what Maiden does with their setlists. Sorry. Midnight Oil finish their comeback tour tomorrow. 77 concerts, 106 (or more depending on what they will do on the last gig) songs. 106!

These guys love to play, they love to make it exciting and challenge themselves (sometimes the setlist is not even final when the show starts), and the audience of course, who won't know what will happen.

They rehearsed for three months. Speaking of dedication. Fuck the crap excuses, Iron Maiden. Stop doing everything you can to rehearse as little as possible and come up with 15 or 16 songs that "work". Work my ass. GET to work, because an older band does this better.

I'd love to be wrong about this, but we will probably get a setlist that will not be very different from anything they did in the last 15 years. Play on save, and play with Dave. Oh, and turn up Dave's volume this time. The man his lead work has been way too soft in the mix. Dave deserves better, as does his songwriting.

Do I sound a little agitated? Do I sound critical? Yes I do. Enough with the commercial bullshit. Back to the basis. Back to what this is all about. The audience stays loyal but don't get lazy. Thank you.

So has anyone seen whether this is a ticketless tour again, and whether they're continuing to restrict purchases to groups of 2 (though I can't remember if that's because I went through O2 Priority or not). Anyone seen prices advertised?

@bearfan @Lampwick 43

Dont get me wrong, Phantom is a possible Top 5 and definite Top 10 song for me and the 1980 live vid is probably my most watched Maiden vid by a long way.
And I agree that Seventh Son would have been worth the ticket price alone.

I am not impressed anymore by what Maiden does with their setlists. Sorry. Midnight Oil finish their comeback tour tomorrow. 77 concerts, 106 (or more depending on what they will do on the last gig) songs. 106!

These guys love to play, they love to make it exciting and challenge themselves (sometimes the setlist is not even final when the show starts), and the audience of course, who won't know what will happen.

They rehearsed for three months. Speaking of dedication. Fuck the crap excuses, Iron Maiden. Stop doing everything you can to rehearse as little as possible and come up with 15 or 16 songs that "work". Work my ass. GET to work, because an older band does this better.

I'd love to be wrong about this, but we will probably get a setlist that will not be very different from anything they did in the last 15 years. Play on save, and play with Dave. Oh, and turn up Dave's volume this time. The man his lead work has been way too soft in the mix. Dave deserves better, as does his songwriting.

Do I sound a little agitated? Do I sound critical? Yes I do. Enough with the commercial bullshit. Back to the basis. Back to what this is all about. The audience stays loyal but don't get lazy. Thank you.

They're not going to listen to you this time either...

why is maiden doing these kind of tours mostly open air ? it sucks the energy out of the show

by the way, hannover location looks like shite, trees blocking the view

ndr2_plaza_festival_117_AH5_9429_Herzig.jpg

@Forostar: They didn't rotate setlists when they were in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, they certainly won't do it in their 60's. I mean, did you really expect them to?

why is maiden doing these kind of tours mostly open air ?
I guess they play where the promoter tells them to play. They might have a say, but if you can play for 30k in a country they will find a stadium/field with room for 30,000 people instead of doing three arena shows.

But looking at the tour schedule it seems like maybe half of the shows are indoors.

So has anyone seen whether this is a ticketless tour again, and whether they're continuing to restrict purchases to groups of 2 (though I can't remember if that's because I went through O2 Priority or not). Anyone seen prices advertised?

It is certainly going to be ticketless for the UK tours.

I guess they play where the promoter tells them to play. They might have a say, but if you can play for 30k in a country they will find a stadium/field with room for 30,000 people instead of doing three arena shows.

But looking at the tour schedule it seems like maybe half of the shows are indoors.

They do have a say. In Spain they have opted to do the big stadium gig instead of the 4 shows they had initially planned to do.

If they let you climb those trees (and hack a few branches off) it could be good.

Climb like a monkey!

Your comment has reminded me of the Oslo show in 2008, where some people were watching the show from a crane nearby. Bruce, in very good mood, had a lot of fun addressing them during the gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back