Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of full album shows but if they're going to be done then it should be made clear when the tickets go on sale. I've seen Anthrax play 'Among the Living' in full twice and the shows were advertised as such (one was at a festival and the other was a regular tour). I'd rather Maiden don't do a full album as they have sixteen albums to choose from and I'd prefer a setlist that encompasses the entire history of Iron Maiden.

I've seen Maiden do AMOLAD, DIO do Holy Diver, WASP do Crimson Idol and Blue Oyster Cult do Agents of Fortune and while all were enjoyable, I felt it just never had the feeling of a real gig. And the extra tracks that get tacked on to fill out the set always end up feeling like too little.

I wouldn't be champing at the bit to see Maiden do any full album live. And if they are likely to do any it will be NOTB and sure we hear 3 of those most if not all tours, and 3 others occasionally. The other 2 wouldn't have much more going for them than the novelty factor.

Prodigal Son?

sorry, had Twilight zone on my mind.... everything but prodigal son and twilight zone... 9 songs is still strong... seems the middle albums got screwed... Powerslave through Seventh Son were underplayed.... especially Somewhere in Time

I'm not a fan of full album shows but if they're going to be done then it should be made clear when the tickets go on sale. I've seen Anthrax play 'Among the Living' in full twice and the shows were advertised as such (one was at a festival and the other was a regular tour). I'd rather Maiden don't do a full album as they have sixteen albums to choose from and I'd prefer a setlist that encompasses the entire history of Iron Maiden.

Somewhere in Time would be the one exception along with maybe Seventh Son. Use the GK 250MLs and the whole lot.... worth it

I just don't get this. If it's Maiden I'm going, setlist be damned. They are not going to be touring much longer, folks.

my thoughts too. I will go regardless but like Tampa and Houston, I left after "The Great unknown" was played as I knew the rest of the set and didn't care. I LOVED hearing Children of the Damned, Powerslave and Red and the Black which I think all are in the grave now....

sorry, had Twilight zone on my mind.... everything but prodigal son and twilight zone... 9 songs is still strong... seems the middle albums got screwed... Powerslave through Seventh Son were underplayed.... especially Somewhere in Time
Ah but they did play Twilight Zone (and it's quite good live I'd say):

My mistake about Prodigal Son - I forgot that it was part of the setlist in early 1978 but apparently long retired by the time of the Killers album.

And you're right about the rest of course but obviously they had more material to choose from by that time compared to the twenty-something songs from the first two albums and the singles. Besides, since most of the first two albums' songs predate their release it's hardly surprising that all of them were played live at some point.

Last edited:
Go to Copenhagen then. I think I'll go there as I've been to Stockholm twice before.
why-not-both.jpg

I might do that actually. Stockholm, then get the train to Copenhagen. Most expensive week ever.

Bring a suitcase full of Rennies. A similar, less effective product cost me £18 in Norway this year. If they were that price at home I might have to stop drinking straight gin :ahhh:

Sup all?!! Been away from the boards for awhile, sadly I lost my mom after a long battle with cancer. :angel: ....
Congrats to my Maiden family across the pond! Awesome news on the '18 tour!!:applause: Has anyone any news on a possible North American leg? I'd love even an educated guess, clue.....Ive scrolled through a bit but haven't seen much. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back