Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that one (no, it wasn't me :D)

I don't get why the promoter tries to sell two-day festival passes when there are other concerts in Scandinavia. I honestly consider going to Copenhagen or Stockholm instead of Trondheim if I have to pay for two days just to see Maiden in Trondheim.

I like that the Scandinavian shows are early in the tour, which means that whichever of the shows I end up going to, there's a chance I'll get to hear a rarer song before they replace it with Wrathchild :p

Something like this would be nice again, 1 song spot in the set with 3 or 4 rotating songs.

On the 1984 European leg of the tour, as well as certain dates on the American leg (most notably the dates at Radio City Music Hall in New York City) an additional song was usually played between "Revelations" and "Flight of Icarus". The band would perform "Wrathchild", "Murders in the Rue Morgue", "Phantom of the Opera", "Children of the Damned" or "Die With Your Boots On".

Same prices as last year. Four tickets per purchase.

Actually, on Ticketmaster they list all shows except London, but all shows except Glasgow have a 6 ticket limit, Glasgow's 4. I'd be attending London and there's 6 of us - anyone got any further info for London (including links if poss)?

Don't worry, found this:-

http://cdn3.axs.com/axs/pdfs/ironmaiden_attheo2.pdf

Confirms 4 tickets and ticketless.

Last edited:
They have more time to prepare nowadays. If they want to.
Besides @Night Prowler back in the day, there was not that much need (and still they varied more compared to nowadays!) because they had not that much material. Most of the played material was still kind of fresh. When you're busy for over thirty years, it would suit well to do more with the catalogue. Either really pick deep cuts (Children of the Damned isn't one anymore) and not just one or two, either do more surprises with a larger group of non deep cuts.

Remember that one (no, it wasn't me :D)

I don't get why the promoter tries to sell two-day festival passes when there are other concerts in Scandinavia. I honestly consider going to Copenhagen or Stockholm instead of Trondheim if I have to pay for two days just to see Maiden in Trondheim.

I like that the Scandinavian shows are early in the tour, which means that whichever of the shows I end up going to, there's a chance I'll get to hear a rarer song before they replace it with Wrathchild :p
I'm thinking of Stockholm or Copenhagen as well. Tallin would be nice as it's the first show of the tour and I wouldn't have to avoid setlist spoilers.

Last time, although it was relatively obscured but easily readable with some Photoshop magic. I don't think the 2016 setlist leaked though, though they did announce it on social media during the first show.

Frankly, I don't get what's the big deal of knowing what they're gonna play considering not knowing is an easy way to set yourself up for disappointment, but then again it's not like I care if it's a big deal to somebody else. Doesn't affect me in the slightest, actually.

Last time, although it was relatively obscured but easily readable with some Photoshop magic. I don't think the 2016 setlist leaked though, though they did announce it on social media during the first show.

Frankly, I don't get what's the big deal of knowing what they're gonna play considering not knowing is an easy way to set yourself up for disappointment, but then again it's not like I care if it's a big deal to somebody else. Doesn't affect me in the slightest, actually.

It did... Leaked by the Chinese, remember?

It did... Leaked by the Chinese, remember?
Yeah, admittedly I forgot about that, but it doesn't really affect the overall point: it wasn't deliberately or accidentally revealed by the band beforehand, but rather by the Chinese government page it was submitted to.

The ME set list was published on ironmaiden.com. So not sure why we have tour set list spoiler alerts?

Frankly, I don't get what's the big deal of knowing what they're gonna play considering not knowing is an easy way to set yourself up for disappointment,

Everybody has different opinions on how it matters. Some people don't care, others will go offline to avoid spoilers until they get to the gig. Personally, I've gotten considerably more relaxed towards it over the years. I've had about as many setlists "spoiled" as I haven't, and looking back, it never felt like anything was actually spoiled for me. Sure, it's nice to have a surprise, but the lack of it never ruined my personal experience in any way. By my experience, not caring whether you get anything "spoiled" or not led to a good way of anticipating what to expect and nevertheless be impressed by what I eventually get to see when I'm there. But that's just me - other people prefer it differently, and that's why I strictly separate my task as a moderator to be enforce our anti-spoiler rules and my own personal opinion. Just because I have my own opinion doesn't mean I don't respect others.

I wish Maiden would post the set list before the tickets go on sale as this would make the decision to purchase a lot easier lol.

I’ve been lucky to see so many maiden gigs over the years that the thought of paying to watch a set list of the usual suspects , trooper, wrathchild, 2 minutes to midnight etc doesn’t appeal. I never thought I’d say this about maiden but they are getting lazy and more commercial as they get older. It pees me off because they are all mega wealthy and don’t need to be so commercially minded. I’d like to think if I was in a band as big as maiden who had been around when album sales meant something and was major wealthy then as long as I could break even and pay the road crew etc and it didn’t cost me money I wouldn’t give a shit about making anymore money and Just tour and write albums for the sheer pleasure of it.

I probably will buy tickets for next year, have a great time at the gig then spend the next day hungover moaning about the set list ha ha.

The ME set list was published on ironmaiden.com. So not sure why we have tour set list spoiler alerts?
Because not everyone looked at the page before seeing the show.
I wish Maiden would post the set list before the tickets go on sale as this would make the decision to purchase a lot easier lol.
If a band is doing something like playing an album in full then that should be stated when the tickets go on sale. Last year I went to two Symphony X shows where they played 'Underworld' in full and only three or four older songs in the encore. It was very frustrating as Symphony X only come to the UK every five years or so.

Last year I went to two Symphony X shows where they played 'Underworld' in full and only three or four older songs in the encore. It was very frustrating as Symphony X only come to the UK every five years or so.

Did you hear that? That was the common ground between @Black Wizard and @Forostar dying in agony.

:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back