Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Adrian says the same thing Nicko said a few weeks ago, they don't know what they are doing next. Are they lying or is that really the truth?

Why wouldn't they know?

They've reached the point where every tour could very easily be the last tour. Bruce's cancer probably strengthened that idea. I'm sure $mallwood has an idea of what he'd like the band to do next, but the band is probably only focusing on one thing at a time now.

I think Adrian just wants the songs to be played at the tempos they should be played at, nothing wrong with that. Some songs work better a little faster live, some work best exactly at tempo.
Steve and Adrian are like Batman and The Joker when it comes to this. They need each other. There's a video out there of ASAP performing Wasted Years and it is dreadfully slow. No energy whatsoever. On A Real Live/Dead One the songs are so fast that the life gets sucked out of them. They've reached a nice middle ground since Adrian came back and I'm happy with pretty much all the tempos since the reunion.

New Dave interview:

http://www.sbsun.com/arts-and-enter...ght-before-glen-helen-show?source=most_viewed

“We’re not stopping after this tour; this isn’t the last tour by any means,” Murray said during a telephone interview last week. “We’re going to finish this one out, which we’re having a lot of fun [doing], and then we’re going to take some time off and next year there’s going to be some surprises.”

I hope surprises doesn't translate to farewell tour. I remember Priest teasing their Epitaph tour in a similar way (obviously they continued after that though).

Well, he does say "by any means" and that sounds like they're not planning to quit any time soon. Look at all the energy they still have on stage. Nicko said here they won't quit as long as they can give 1 million percent and don't become a parody of themselves.

"Some surprises" sounds like this special run of gigs that we often speculate about. Maybe a new live album as well?

What Adrian and Nicko said is so confusing... Especially since Steve is always so positive about next album. I find it hard to believe they "don't know" if there's another one. I think they just don't want to be asked about it, because they can't share any details. Damn, I hope it's not like some members want to continue recording and some not.

"Maybe a new live album as well?

I'm not sure a new live album would be particularly surprising, given that Donny '07 and '13 were recorded and the 2016 tour was such a big deal that I'd be surprised if there wasn't a live release. Short of Maiden playing [insert beloved deep-cut], I'd say the biggest surprise would some sort of 90's-themed package in lieu of a proper tour

"Some surprises" sounds like this special run of gigs that we often speculate about. Maybe a new live album as well?

What Adrian and Nicko said is so confusing... Especially since Steve is always so positive about next album. I find it hard to believe they "don't know" if there's another one. I think they just don't want to be asked about it, because they can't share any details. Damn, I hope it's not like some members want to continue recording and some not.
Although I'm hesitant to get my hopes up, I REALLY hope they do some sort of "deep cuts" special gigs. A new album would be nice too.

Back