1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Hottysmiff, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

2. harrisdevot

harrisdevot Ancient Mariner

3. Operations666

Operations666 Educated Fool

Looks like Adrian is still fighting to slow down the songs. :) Probably because he can't play as fast consistently as Steve, Janick, and Dave.

4. harrisdevot

harrisdevot Ancient Mariner

He has never been at ease with playing fast. Anyway, I must admit that he was quite right at the end of the 1980s : some of songs of Maiden England are played way too fast; for others (i.e. Infinite Dreams), it perflectly fits.

5. Operations666

Operations666 Educated Fool

I hope Steve doesn't fire him again for that..

6. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I think Adrian just wants the songs to be played at the tempos they should be played at, nothing wrong with that. Some songs work better a little faster live, some work best exactly at tempo.

Zare, bornless1 and frus like this.
  7. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Adrian says the same thing Nicko said a few weeks ago, they don't know what they are doing next. Are they lying or is that really the truth?

Why wouldn't they know?

8. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

They've reached the point where every tour could very easily be the last tour. Bruce's cancer probably strengthened that idea. I'm sure $mallwood has an idea of what he'd like the band to do next, but the band is probably only focusing on one thing at a time now.

Steve and Adrian are like Batman and The Joker when it comes to this. They need each other. There's a video out there of ASAP performing Wasted Years and it is dreadfully slow. No energy whatsoever. On A Real Live/Dead One the songs are so fast that the life gets sucked out of them. They've reached a nice middle ground since Adrian came back and I'm happy with pretty much all the tempos since the reunion.

bornless1 and MrKnickerbocker like this.
  9. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Glad they're not like Batman and Robin anyway

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  10. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

New Dave interview:

http://www.sbsun.com/arts-and-enter...ght-before-glen-helen-show?source=most_viewed

“We’re not stopping after this tour; this isn’t the last tour by any means,” Murray said during a telephone interview last week. “We’re going to finish this one out, which we’re having a lot of fun [doing], and then we’re going to take some time off and next year there’s going to be some surprises.”

Mosh and Travis The Dragon like this.
  11. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I hope surprises doesn't translate to farewell tour. I remember Priest teasing their Epitaph tour in a similar way (obviously they continued after that though).

12. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Well, he does say "by any means" and that sounds like they're not planning to quit any time soon. Look at all the energy they still have on stage. Nicko said here they won't quit as long as they can give 1 million percent and don't become a parody of themselves.

13. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

"Some surprises" sounds like this special run of gigs that we often speculate about. Maybe a new live album as well?

What Adrian and Nicko said is so confusing... Especially since Steve is always so positive about next album. I find it hard to believe they "don't know" if there's another one. I think they just don't want to be asked about it, because they can't share any details. Damn, I hope it's not like some members want to continue recording and some not.

14. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

I'm not sure a new live album would be particularly surprising, given that Donny '07 and '13 were recorded and the 2016 tour was such a big deal that I'd be surprised if there wasn't a live release. Short of Maiden playing [insert beloved deep-cut], I'd say the biggest surprise would some sort of 90's-themed package in lieu of a proper tour

15. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Although I'm hesitant to get my hopes up, I REALLY hope they do some sort of "deep cuts" special gigs. A new album would be nice too.

16. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Guys, when has a Maiden surprise ever been genuinely surprising?

Bombusbombus likes this.
  17. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Other than a few (heavily speculated) album anouncments... Never.

The only really shocking announcment was Bruce's illnes.

18. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

1999 . . .

19. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Yeh, exactly. It's not like they had any hand in that.
    Some people might have been listening to gossip & speculation pointing in that direction; buy, okay, I'll give you that! :ok:

20. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Yeah, I fear that as well.
    Going to take time off.... sigh. Not too long please.