The Book of Souls - Deluxe Book Contents

Nice! Still waiting on someone to scan all of the lyrics. Figured that would've been one of the first things someone did.

Here you can watch unboxing of deluxe version:

Oh God... Why did you post this???? lol I still have to wait a FREAKING month to get my deluxe edition delivered! Really tempted to watch it, but I will try to hold myself together. The standard version will have to keep me entertained till I get the deluxe...

Still waiting on someone to scan all of the lyrics. Figured that would've been one of the first things someone did.
Just downloaded the digital booklet instead. Amazon finally updated their shipping for my vinyl for a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. So fuckin pissed about it right now! Still no word from IM site about my deluxe CD, still says processing. Jesus.

Just downloaded the digital booklet instead. Amazon finally updated their shipping for my vinyl for a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. So fuckin pissed about it right now! Still no word from IM site about my deluxe CD, still says processing. Jesus.

Received the vinyl yesterday after finding a pickup note in my mailbox, then dragged my gf to the post office because she's great in talking people into getting what she wants, and voilà; instead of picking up the package today as is customary in Swissland, I got it yesterday... but I'm moving soon, so my record player is already in a box. Well, I ordered the CD, too, and I was looking forward to listen to it on the commute... NOPE, CD on backorder, god damnit.

So I "acquired" it and put it on my mp3 player to be able to listen to it.

Oh God... Why did you post this???? lol I still have to wait a FREAKING month to get my deluxe edition delivered! Really tempted to watch it, but I will try to hold myself together. The standard version will have to keep me entertained till I get the deluxe...
Beacuse I'm awful human being, that's why. :)

A TON of various pics:
NwXBS14.jpg

DfVvYx0.jpg

wTdrI1T.jpg

qSLmBOk.jpg

JqkP9kL.jpg

xVFRMLE.jpg

EnR3WJu.jpg

iFGc0XF.jpg

9fKmIqE.jpg

5k3mQju.jpg

k2jdEbS.jpg

NarvtUe.jpg

P1ikQ0x.jpg

N0CwG3I.jpg

t42aolP.jpg

oaDWyeA.jpg

hX981Rh.jpg

oJAbXdU.jpg
That necklace comes with the book edition?

Going to the shop shortly to get the deluxe. Have the iTunes version right now.
Was wondering if there are any other extras? Was hoping for a "making of" vid, or a link to one?

Is there anyone else here who has problems with the BOS album. I have listened to it over and over again but I can't get into it and I think the production, guitar solos, drums and bruce's voice sounds horrible.

Is there anyone else here who has problems with the BOS album. I have listened to it over and over again but I can't get into it and I think the production, guitar solos, drums and bruce's voice sounds horrible.
Im on my second listen right now. Still reserving judgement. My first impression was that there were some "possibly cool" melodies taking place that I couldn't make out. But I know I still need time with it

Right, got mine, all awesome, etc BUT:
Who ARE these people?!:

Book middle.jpg

So far, I think mid-left is Davey, top right Steve and mid-right H. Can anyone help with the others?!

Bruce top left, Dave middle left, Janick bottom left, Steve (most obvious) top right, H mid right, Nicko (the nose!) bottom right. I think.

Edit: But who's the statue?

Travelled 111 km today to get it and I finally have it! The quality is very high in my opinion. I'm glad that the slipcase is very thick, not some cheap cardboard. The cover of the book itself has a nice matte finish - looks and feels great. I don't know whether or not spoiler policy is still in force (I avoid majority of the forum until I listen to the album), so just for safety...

I'm a little bit disappointed, because I expected more artwork inside (I mean some painted stuff with Eddie). There are only three artworks and all of them we've already seen. The layout is cool but nothing to stare at really. Besides, the band's photo seems to be not current... :p I haven't seen the standard booklet but I imagine everything from this book could fit in there as well, so in terms of contents there is probably not much difference.

But still I'm glad I got it. It's a really nice thing to have.

Nevermind. Just saw the necklace. Looks cool[/QUOTE]
That's not a necklace. It's a pack of IM guitar picks. Sold mostly at music stores.

Nevermind. Just saw the necklace. Looks cool
Exactly. I have to say it did not come with my book edition, seems to be a limited thing

I felt the same about Somewhere in Time back in '86. I couldn't connect with any of the songs, but I must admit after listening to leaks and now own the album, I honestly think it could fit in between SIT and 7th son, or 7th Son and No Prayer For The Dying. I Despise that album! The band was having a rough go at it and you could tell by that effort! Just IMHO

For the record, no pun intended, I wasn't crazy about FF but it grew quickly on me. My fav song of of BOS so far is If Eternity Should fail. Classic progressive maiden!

A TON of various pics:
NwXBS14.jpg

DfVvYx0.jpg

wTdrI1T.jpg

qSLmBOk.jpg

JqkP9kL.jpg

xVFRMLE.jpg

EnR3WJu.jpg

iFGc0XF.jpg

9fKmIqE.jpg

5k3mQju.jpg

k2jdEbS.jpg

NarvtUe.jpg

P1ikQ0x.jpg

N0CwG3I.jpg

t42aolP.jpg

oaDWyeA.jpg

hX981Rh.jpg

oJAbXdU.jpg

It does have killer artwork, but only 9 pages of it with only one page being a single picture while the others are gatefold is pretty dissapointing when the deluxe edition is only a bigger hardcover version of the booklet in the regular version. Not even close to a ton of pictures.... Guess I was hoping for artwork to go song with the lyrics to give some atmosphere. Still a great release!

Back