The Book of Souls - Deluxe Book Contents

I like it. A bazillion times better than the TFF tin case. Eddie looks in good form, really giving his heart into this album he do.

Expected more artwork than what it had. Didn't seem like anything they couldn't fit in the CD case. Still, a very cool collectors item. I'm probably going to buy the standard edition since I still have the best buy coupon and I don't really want to wear out the book. My TFF case got pretty beat up by taking it in and out of the car and stuff.

iTunes specifically lists the digital booklet while http://www.amazon.com/Book-Souls-Iron-Maiden/dp/B010A0PAOU does not. Did you get it from Amazon?

Never mind, I confirmed on Amazon chat that it does not include it (too bad as I have some Amazon MP3 credit expiring soon). I just purchased at iTunes instead. The "e-booket" looks great, though The Final Frontier artwork was better.

(for the record, I've listened to it 5 or 6 times via Amazon Prime streaming since ~2 AM yesterday... no way would I not check out a new Maiden album on release day)

Right, got mine, all awesome, etc BUT:
Who ARE these people?!:

So far, I think mid-left is Davey, top right Steve and mid-right H. Can anyone help with the others?!
This picture is my second biggest gripe with the deluxe edition -- the seam between the pages messes up the picture so you can't see the full Eddie. My biggest gripe is that it isn't mastered particularly well -- not awful, but could be better. I'm told the vinyl is very good.

Now, the Deluxe was only like £1 more here, but I think it's worthless anyway. You get a DVD-sized digipak type of thing and the only difference between the CD booklet and this is probably that it's larger...

Hick, are you serious? Or sarcastic?

I absolutely love the album and its artwork. It's a refreshing, inspiring and unique addition to their catalog. I do have one gripe with that piece Hick shared, and that is - the faces set in stone (not the 6 faces of Maiden, the one in the back and another on the front to the right, that look like Buddha) - are not Mayan at all. They are in fact The Buddha, and quite resemble the temple of Angkor Wat, Cambodia:

Bayon-three-faces.jpg

I just bought the Deluxe edition today and looked through it. It's really nothing special. It's a regular cd booklet in a slightly larger format. Nothing Deluxe about it. A bit of a shame but I don't regret giving money for it because it's Maiden and I wanna support them in the best ways I can.

Hick, are you serious? Or sarcastic?
Serious. The artwork in general is great, but again, the Eddie with the exploding head is altered by the seam in the booklet, so you don't get the full view. Thanks to deslock for posting it. Looks cool. Will likely get the vinyl, so then I will see it in its full glory.

And I love this deluxe. Yeah - it has no additional feature except for the fact that finally my cd wont get scratched. And it look nice. And I like bigger font. And graphic art. And that it's new Iron Maiden album.

As an avid video games collector, Deluxe Editions please me. Its mainly for display anyways as I will rip it to my PC to transfer it to an USB stick to listen to it in my car. At home, the vinyl version will get playtime.
The album is called the book of souls, the book contains the lyrics and thus the soul of the songs. Its fitting. If you like artwork, buy it as a poster.
What did you expect the book to contain, Mayan cooking recipes? I see nothing to complain about the Deluxe Version and its contents.

Ha ha, brilliant :lol:

Nobody else's came with recipes? The have a great one for sacrificial heart gumbo. They also include a Mayan temple bunt cake featuring sacrificial remains that looks tasty. Also, my totem pole picture is seamless, plus it came with a 24" x 36" print rolled in a tube! :))

How to get those guitar picks next to the cd case in the picture? Damn those look cool

How to get those guitar picks next to the cd case in the picture? Damn those look cool
Depending on where you live, ebay, music stores like Guitar Center. They cost about 6 U.S. dollarsfor a set of 5 or 6 of them. They're just a novelty. It's not the ones the band uses onstage. Those go for about 45 usd on ebay and normally have Ernie Ball printed on one side and the band members name printed on the other. Some others have the name of the tour on one side and the members name on the flip side..

Depending on where you live, ebay, music stores like Guitar Center. They cost about 6 U.S. dollarsfor a set of 5 or 6 of them. They're just a novelty. It's not the ones the band uses onstage. Those go for about 45 usd on ebay and normally have Ernie Ball printed on one side and the band members name printed on the other. Some others have the name of the tour on one side and the members name on the flip side..
I live in South East Asia. Never saw this at guitar stores here. Thanks for the info. Next time i am travelling i will look up those stores

Back