Your Maiden blasphemy

Yeah, it's the Metallica one. U2 and Fates Warning ones are pretty cool also for the record.

I believe that Powerslave is not equal to the other golden era albums. Yes, it includes 4 godly songs but the rest of it is pretty weak.

I believe that Powerslave is not equal to the other golden era albums. Yes, it includes 4 godly songs but the rest of it is pretty weak.

I would argue that all of the golden era albums are not as strong as many believe. Every album from NOTB to SSOASS got stronger and had less filler as they went along. NOTB has the most clunker, POM has a couple, Powerslave has two or three but they are of a higher quality than the previous albums and are far more fun. SIT and SSOASS are the overall strongest.

I would argue that all of the golden era albums are not as strong weak as many you believe.
:D

While I believe there are no fillers on those albums (the lowest grade I'd give is probably a 6 out of 10 for Drifter and perhaps Sanctuary and Iron Maiden; still songs I enjoy and never skip; makes for good listening pleasure), I still rate The Number of the Beast lower than at least 10 other Maiden albums.

I would argue that all of the golden era albums are not as strong weak as many you believe.
:D

While I believe there are no fillers on those albums (the lowest grade I'd give is probably a 6 out of 10 for Drifter and perhaps Sanctuary and Iron Maiden; still songs I enjoy and never skip; makes for good listening pleasure), I still rate The Number of the Beast lower than at least 10 other Maiden albums.

I'm confused as to what we're defining as the "golden era." I was referring to NOTB-SSOASS

Experimentation was still considered their prime, it was only after NPFTD that they lost momentum with the general audience, only starting to regain it again with BNW.

I think Killers was inferior to the debut for quite a few reasons.

1: It lacked the clinching epic. The title track was great, and Murders and Wrathchild are fun, but they aren't really epics per say. Phantom's status as an epic is debatable, but what isn't is the fact that it's one of Maiden's finest. Maybe you could argue Prodigal Son, but that's a huge stretch.
2: A lot more average to mediocre content getting greenlighted like Innocent Exile, Another Life, Drifter and of course, The Ides Of March.
3: The production quality went up somewhat, but that kind of worked against the album, almost as if they were trying to meet halfway between refined and stripped-down. The Bruce-era went from refined (NOTB, POM) to very refined (Powerslave to Seventh Son).

It's better than the 4 dark-age albums imo (NPFTD to VXI), but it's probably close to X-Factor and FOTD nowadays.

Drifter has always been one of my favorite Maiden songs... *blushy face* (I don't have emojis on here) hahahahaha!
Virtual XI used to be my favorite Maiden album for a while anyway, I still really like it.
The Number Of The Beast (song and album) will never get old to me.
I would prefer if Maiden would not play Run To The Hills at every show.. Jk jk (about it being an unpopular opinion)..
I prefer Losfer Words over Powerslave.
The Legacy is by far the best song from AMOLAD. Not sure if that's unpopular, but it seems like most really like some other songs more than that.
I think each Maiden vocalist fit the albums they were on perfectly. I think Bruce would have been bad on the debut album and The X Factor for example.

Fear of the Dark is my #6 album.
TNOTB is #14.
Janick is currently the most irreplaceable member of the three guitarists to me.
(Expecting assassins behind my window any minute now :p :D )

Back