"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, Id be surprised to hear piano on the actual recording. Unless Bruce wrote a dedicated piano section, but from the way Nicko described his playing ability that seems unlikely. :p But who knows, I really have no idea what to expect with this. I'd love to be surprised!

My favourite albums grow with repeated listenings as you keep finding new things to appreciate.
I am so ready to immerse myself in this one.

I'm going back and forth.. I don't know if I'd prefer a consistently good album the whole way through, BNW, or an album with highs and lows, were the highs are incredibly high, DOD. Obviously an album with incredible highs the whole way through would be nice, but probably unlikely. So, I just don't know what I'd be happier with. I think I would be content with two amazing songs, but another album with the consistency of BNW would also be amazing.

My expectations are through the roof right now. That sounds dangerous. A setup for disappointment. But not with this band, since the reunion anyway.
For bnw my hopes were this high, due to the reunion, and I was still floored!! I didn't expect the greatness of DOD, and it immediately became a top five favorite of all time for me. The last two met expectations big time.
This time I'm counting the days and white knuckling it obsessively. I can't hide it. It is compulsive behavior, this time I admit! Lol!! But I know they will come through!! BOS will throttle our lives my freinds.....:dancinggeek::scared::clap::shred::edmetal:

I actually hoped for some teaser sometime this week.oh well.Anyhow, I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this (hope it is not posted anywhere else)

Post cancer Bruce interview. NOT RELATED TO THE ALBUM.Gone is the moustache and his voice sounds a bit rough.Loads of respect to the guy

Last edited:
I'm going back and forth.. I don't know if I'd prefer a consistently good album the whole way through, BNW, or an album with highs and lows, were the highs are incredibly high, DOD. Obviously an album with incredible highs the whole way through would be nice, but probably unlikely. So, I just don't know what I'd be happier with. I think I would be content with two amazing songs, but another album with the consistency of BNW would also be amazing.

Use the edit. Then you'll be happy.

Last edited:
I actually hoped for some teaser sometime this week.oh well.Anyhow, I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this (hope it is not posted anywhere else)

Post cancer Bruce interview. NOT RELATED TO THE ALBUM.Gone is the moustache and his voice sounds a bit rough.Loads of respect to the guy

He looks and sounds remarkably good considering what he's just been through, I think there's a high chance that we'll see a complete return to form for him by the time the tour rolls around. And from Steve's comments it sounds like we have a tremendous vocal performance to look forward to on the album itself.

He looks and sounds remarkably good considering what he's just been through, I think there's a high chance that we'll see a complete return to form for him by the time the tour rolls around. And from Steve's comments it sounds like we have a tremendous vocal performance to look forward to on the album itself.
His speaking voice sounds slightly fuller, a tad lower than I'm used to. Could just be my imagination though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back