"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha no I don't.

But for every negative comment/troll on there there's always someone who takes the bait and rushes to defend the band. Which is just as silly IMO.

I would not be surprised to hear some piano in the song ... they have not shied away from keyboards before.

I'm pretty much sure there's piano (probably not a real acoustic one) in Brave New World.
P.S. Yup, from 1:35 to first chorus. Left channel.

Bruce has used it quite a bit in solo work. Kill Devil Hill, Book of Thel, Taking the Queen, Man of Sorrows. Those are off the top of my head.

Btw I don't hear piano in BNW. I hear a clean guitar maybe doubled by a pad synth or something, but no actual piano.

Man of Sorrows is probably the song with the most prominent piano. It's basically present throughout most of the track.....

If Empire of The Clouds will feature Bruce on Piano I think it will be in some kind of intro/ballad setting to set the track off....

Bruce has used it quite a bit in solo work. Kill Devil Hill, Book of Thel, Taking the Queen, Man of Sorrows. Those are off the top of my head.

Btw I don't hear piano in BNW. I hear a clean guitar maybe doubled by a pad synth or something, but no actual piano.

I also feel like it's exactly that, because there's certainly a guitar there, except for last two chords, in Bruce's pause while Bruce is sustaining last note. That seems like sole synth with piano preset to me. Certainly a pianoish sound and style.

The part with the piano on Kill Devil Hill is one of the biggest highlights in Bruce's solo career, in my opinion.

Agreed! That part gives me chills every time. Pushes the song from great rocker to top ten Bruce.

"My shot on the cover of this weeks Kerrang! magazine. I got to hear the new album yesterday and it is a monster! Totally blown away by Bruce's performance! The 'BOOK of SOULS' is the METAL album of the century!"- John McMurtrie (maidens official photographer.) The quote is on his community page on Facebook.

Also, hi I'm new around here...although I've been somewhat of a prowler since I stumbled upon this site 5 years ago.

"My shot on the cover of this weeks Kerrang! magazine. I got to hear the new album yesterday and it is a monster! Totally blown away by Bruce's performance! The 'BOOK of SOULS' is the METAL album of the century!"- John McMurtrie (maidens official photographer.) The quote is on his community page on Facebook.

Also, hi I'm new around here...although I've been somewhat of a prowler since I stumbled upon this site 5 years ago.

I'm glad to hear that Bruce apparently gives a really great performance on this album! Not too surprised, but it's nice to hear about him specifically. :D

Any link to that community?

It seems only natural that Bruce sounds great on thus one.He actually wrote half the album :). He always sounded better on his "solo" efforts,either tyat being albums or songs.

I'm pretty much sure there's piano (probably not a real acoustic one) in Brave New World.
P.S. Yup, from 1:35 to first chorus. Left channel.
Interesting. I always saw that as a guitar chord (by Dave), but maybe there are more layers going on at the same time (with a piano behind him).

I would day that the song might actually consist of different parts...something like Dream theater did on e.g. A change of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back