"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my definition of cheesy is way different. Iryo though. Gonna pre-order the album now. Book version is too expensive, I'll stick to the standard one.

Wow, I just came home and read the album info from the site! o_O:okok:
Fantastic..... I love it, love it, love it. Can't stop with looking at this tracklist..... :notworthy:

Well my definition of cheesy is way different. Iryo though. Gonna pre-order the album now. Book version is too expensive, I'll stick to the standard one.
Can you preorder it already?! How much is the book version?! I really want it, but if it is quite expensive I'll have to settle for the standard one as well. Need to save my money to see them perform the music in concert! :D

Death or Glory doesn't bother me too much...but Tears of a Clown is a very un-maiden title IMO...

Can't help but think about Robin Williams when I read it though.

One but last song from The Final Frontier: The Man Who Would Be King (Dave Murray / Steve Harris)
One but last song from The Book of Souls: The Man of Sorrows (Dave Murray / Steve Harris)

Last edited:
Ugh. I'm not gonna pre-order it from Amazon. It's way too expensive with the shipping. If the shipping was free, I would. I'll just wait for some other website to put up pre-order, like Base or RecordShopX. They have cheaper shipping.

Thanks NP.

I'm gonna wait to pre order from the US though, I don't like to buy from foreign countries, the shipping is way too expensive.
And 23$ for an album is very expensive.

I've pre-ordered. Postage here was £1.49, or free next day if I signed up to Amazon Prime (which I didn't). Being a double album, though, it costs £14.99.

This is the third time ever that Harris did not contribute to more than 3 songs on one album:

Powerslave
(1984)
1. 2 Minutes to Midnight
2. Flash of the Blade
3. Back in the Village
4. Powerslave

Fear of the Dark (1992)
1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. Fear is the Key
3. Wasting Love
4. Chains of Misery
5. Judas Be My Guide

The Book of Souls (2015)
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Death or Glory
4. The Empire of the Clouds

This is the second time ever that we have two Smith/Dickinson credits (in this order) on one album:

Powerslave (1984)
1. 2 Minutes to Midnight
2. Back in the Village

The Book of Souls (2015)
1. Speed of Light
2. Death or Glory

This is the second time ever that we have two Dickinson (only) credits on one album:

Powerslave (1984)
1. Flash of the Blade
2. Powerslave

The Book of Souls (2015)
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. The Empire of the Clouds

Also:
This is the second time ever that we have three Smith/Harris credits (in this order)

Last edited:
I look forward to those two Smith/Dickinson songs. First time since the "golden 80s lineup" that Harris hasn't been providing arrangement.
They might be more straightforward, without usual intros/harmony bridges, etc.

Death or Glory: another duplicated title... Motorhead song, Holocaust song, Heavy Load album, Running Wild song and album.

Actually, I'm surprised there aren't another half dozen power metal bands with that song title.

...and, of course, the Clash song. (In fact, every time I look at the tracklist, it plays in my head). That cover I would actually like to hear...

"...I believe in this, and it's been tested by research, that he who fucks nuns will later join the church..."

I am going to buy the LP, but might snag this

2CD deluxe hardbound book limited edition

as well depending on what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back