Anybody up for a forum collaboration?

Hehe... you're all forgetting something important... The rhythm section has yet to weigh in on this. :D

And, the rhythm section has already recorded the drums for the next song, which is: Look For The Truth.

Gonna be busy here for a bit but I'll lay down the bass tomorrow. :cool:

But of course, Look For The Truth is probably the easiest song in the whole Maiden catalog. So it shouldn't take long at all. Thus we can certainly discuss what comes up after that...

Is there any other drummer who wants to get in on this? I'd say that my hobbyist level of drumming is our limiting factor, and I'm not interested in playing along with a drum machine.

But of course, Look For The Truth is probably the easiest song in the whole Maiden catalog. So it shouldn't take long at all. Thus we can certainly discuss what comes up after that...

Is there any other drummer who wants to get in on this? I'd say that my hobbyist level of drumming is our limiting factor, and I'm not interested in playing along with a drum machine.
You do however have access to multi mic recording with OH and room. That is also a requirement really as far as I'm concerned and not to be overlooked. The simplified ATG drumming sounds fine and works well.

Could someone list again who is doing what? If not, I'll look back a few pages (but I am not sure if it's still correct).

Thanks in advance.

Fucking hell this is awesome. *impressed*

Well done everybody. Also @Yax! Love this clear yet strong sound.

*goosebumps* That warm rhythm guitar sound during the choruses is excellent, I'd even say at least good as the original!! :notworthy:

You do however have access to multi mic recording with OH and room. That is also a requirement really as far as I'm concerned and not to be overlooked. The simplified ATG drumming sounds fine and works well.
Read: Does anyone want to move to Denver and play drums for the band at SMX's kit?

How about Powerslave? :rolleyes:

Yes! I would love to do Powerslave!

Hehe... you're all forgetting something important... The rhythm section has yet to weigh in on this. :D

And, the rhythm section has already recorded the drums for the next song, which is: Look For The Truth.

Gonna be busy here for a bit but I'll lay down the bass tomorrow. :cool:

Wait, when did we decide on Look For the Truth?! Have parts been divided up yet? At least we won't have to change the key for me to sing this one!

We could always comb YouTube for people who have done a lot of Maiden covers and see if anyone's interested/has the recording capabilities?

What that meant was: drums are already done, bass will be done today. So let's knock this one out quick, it's very easy, while we choose another song to do after that.

Allow me to explain a bit about Look For The Truth... I was already in the process of recording a cover of this for my own interest. That's why the drums are already done. But, it will sound much better with you guys playing on it... so let's do in that way. It's quick and easy, shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

In the meantime, the rest of you guys go ahead and pick another Maiden song to cover. This is how bands often work, ya know: you play my song, I play yours. I'll be ready to start work on the track of your choice tomorrow.

Several songs have already been mentioned, and I'm fine with any of those. (Doing all the rest of SIT not so much, but certainly a few songs from there are good.) I've tried out Clansman on drums, pretty sure I can do that one reasonably well at least. For SIT songs, Stranger sounds fun (and I already know the bass solo :cool: ).

Reactions: Yax
@Mosh and @Saapanael

How about those final missing rhytm pieces? I'd really like to have you guys laying down rhytm under your solos (plus Saap doubling the distorted riff Mosh plays after the clean riff).

And this is (I think :p Fairly sure) the final mix, aside from adding your missing guitar parts, plus whatever parts Zare will record. I added some more synths too and tweaked stuff. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2kc-vPXi2sJZ1JpQjVPNGZtNk0/view?usp=sharing

I'd like to to Stranger in a Strange land, or Wasted Years at some point.

And yeah, let's bash out Look For The Truth. I've got the basic mix ready (I'll reuse most of the ATG production. Although I'm not entirely sure which Marshalls I used for rhytm...), it's a quick and easy operation.

SMX, please send me the drum takes for edit/drums backingtrack.

Last edited:
Back