Anybody up for a forum collaboration?

I'm sure there are... Errrh... More important and, less, shitty songs to do first. :p

Agreed. Before we keep going we should probably get a head count of who will participate, anyway. Then those people should be the ones to vote (with some modicum of outside influence, of course).

Reactions: Yax
One might consider SMX request though, seeing as there already are drums recorded...

That aside, you're right. :)

One might consider SMX request though, seeing as there already are drums recorded...

That aside, you're right. :)

What was SMX's request?

Well I'm all for Fugitive next if everyone else is.

Honestly, I'd be fine with it, but I do think we need to record some more...I want to say "obvious" but I don't...Maiden songs as well. I don't want to get stuck in a, "only the complex, off-the-beaten path tracks" rut. Though, doing a handful of lesser heard songs is certainly awesome.

Well that's fair. In that case I think I'd personally vote for The Evil That Men Do. The guitar parts are pretty layered there so we could do a lot with that.

Who's the vocalist?

Me!

Well that's fair. In that case I think I'd personally vote for The Evil That Men Do. The guitar parts are pretty layered there so we could do a lot with that.

That would be a good one! I could definitely do those verses. The choruses...would be hard, but should be fine in half or full-step down. I'd be cool during some rhythm guitar stuff, too, if the other guys aren't up for it.

Point of Interest: What shall I name our Soundcloud/collaboration name? Should it just be The MaidenFans Tribute to Iron Maiden (soundcloud.com/maidenfans), or do we wanna come up with something more interesting?

Maybe next month. Kind of busy right now.

If I'm still the drummer, we're still limited by what I can play. TETMD is almost certainly out of the question on that basis alone. Even if that weren't enough: I have no interest in covering that song.

I've already mentioned Look for the Truth, which I quite like personally. I'm also thinking Clansman and Stranger would work.

Stranger in a Strange Land would be epic. But don't you have Look For The Truth drums recorded already? In that case, as I mentioned earlier, the song choice is kinda given, especially if you're busy for four weeks.

Stranger in a Strange Land would be epic. But don't you have Look For The Truth drums recorded already? In that case, as I mentioned earlier, the song choice is kinda given, especially if you're busy for four weeks.

I was missing a snare mic on that track, remember? Have to redo it anyway.

Back