Anybody up for a forum collaboration?

:ok:

Could you make one more tweak to the vocals and just turn up the harmonies on only the "side by side" and "line by line" part during the bridge? I know it's nitpicky, but I think it'll sound neat.

EDIT: Also, @Yax - those synths sound really cool. It rounds out the sonic template perfectly!

Yup, baby steps!

I'm fairly happy with this new one at the moment (although all the work since the previous version has been done with headphones).
It's more glued together in my opinion, and better balanced. Sounds quite different really (didn't do any more synths. But they are coming too).

*link coming*
I'm improving everything in steps, so you're not being nitpicky.

Last edited:
Knick, are you doing vocals? You got some pipes, man.

Edit: Guys, I just want to say, that sounds pretty fucking fantastic, for being recorded individually, around the world, it sounds fantastic.

Last edited:
Knick, are you doing vocals? You got some pipes, man.

That is me, thanks! It was certainly a challenge.

Good mix though. The vocals are fantastic, great job Knick!

Thanks!

@Yax - Could you turn up the harmonies on "side by side" and "line by line" during the bridge, just to make 'em a bit more prominent?

Edit: Guys, I just want to say, that sounds pretty fucking fantastic, for being recorded individually, around the world, it sounds fantastic.

I totally agree. The work that everyone put into this is really great. It's very fun to be a part of this little experiment and I think everyone did a fantastic job.

Glad you like it! This has been fun and like Knick said, everyone did great. Kudos all around.

Problems with spdif input or I would have replaced the section yesterday. I need rhytm for both channels under the solos too bit, and rhytm under the section you just talked about, Mosh, and the riff that follows it before the next section! Sounds better when played by both guitarists, like in the original. And then of course whoever was to do the remaining harmonies (@Zare right?).

Knick, sure, a bit bit. I think the levels are just right for the harmonies, but a slight bit sure, like 1.5 -2 dB. :)

Last edited:
As I said, I would've done it yesterday, but didn't get an input from my Kemper back into Pro Tools!

That is fantastic, great work all round! I really like the fact that it doesn't sound 100% like the original. You can hear it's a cover, and a very good one. Nice work from Yax, too, those guitars sound crystal clear.

Great cover! Knick's vocals are pretty awesome and Yax did a great job with the production :ok:

What makes it even more impressive is that you guys did it without ever meeting each other in person :D And if it's possible to make a nearly flawless cover over the internet, then sure as fuck Maiden can do it live too :p

Can you do The Fugitive/Starblind medley next? :D

Can you do The Fugitive/Starblind medley next? :D

...:ahhh:

I would love to do a more simple, rocking tune. Preferably one that doesn't have Bruce screeching to the rafters (like Starblind). I seriously think we can make an online album out of this. It might take us a year, but so what?

Back