Your Maiden blasphemy

By all-time, do you mean your 5th favourite song by any band/artist? What four songs pip it to the top?

Bohemian Rhapsody #1
Stargazer #2
One #3
The Sentinel #4
Aces High #5
Travel In Stygian #6
Free Bird #7
Paschendale #8
Veteran Of The Psychic Wars #9
Good Mourning Black Friday #10

I did kind of slap 9 and 10 on though, there could be something I'm overlooking in those slots.

Reactions: jcv
I am proud that Bruce stands up for people and calls out the wankers in the audience.

I'm not. Calling someone out, fine... spending that much time on it, and all the personal insults? That's not what I pay to see. That's just Bruce being an asshole. He wants someone kicked out? I find it hard to believe he can't tell someone from security, quietly, during a guitar solo. Bruce is by far the biggest dick in that video.

I'm not. Calling someone out, fine... spending that much time on it, and all the personal insults? That's not what I pay to see. That's just Bruce being an asshole. He wants someone kicked out? I find it hard to believe he can't tell someone from security, quietly, during a guitar solo. Bruce is by far the biggest dick in that video.

He's fighting fire with fire, which isn't always a bad thing considering he's the one on stage.

Bruce has done this for as long as he has been a member of Maiden. Mostly telling people to put out cigarettes and weed. The band have had some rather odd and irritating incidents. I remember when someone was using a laser pointer at Steve during the Blaze era and the reaction from Blaze was funny.

I think SMX's point is fairly obvious. People fucking about in the crowd are ruining the gig for those around them; but Brucie is literally ruining the gig for everyone by talking shit over most of the music. It was the same with RiR, with him shouting about barbeques through the instrumental passage in Phantom. I find this more annoying than funny; or at least I would if I was there.

Agree with SMX and Cried here. After all - in a crowd consisting of several tens of thousands of people, there are obviously some idiots. If the singer chooses to use instrumental passages in songs to yell at annoying fans, the behaviour of the annoying fans actually get consequences for the whole crowd, not just for the few people in the vicinity ...

I was slightly miffed at him going on about mother having a roast in the oven during Phantom at Download, and berating the pyros for breaking down at Sonisphere during exactly the same part of Phantom. But ever the sceptic, I suspect Brucerants are actually part of the act, just like Janick dancing around, even if they're sometimes spontaneous. Irritating for those of us who would like to hear the music, but maybe they feel the need to keep people with a short attention span entertained. I certainly saw a few whose attention drifted during Seventh Son at Sonisphere.

Whenever someone posts a video of a Bruce rant on Youtube, a good many of the comments are praising him, and you can hear people cheering him on.

Bruce does it for the show, obviously. It's the same with his rants bashing popular music, calling stuff other than heavy metal bullshit etc.

Back