Your Maiden blasphemy

First: thanks for putting the thread back on track. Second: SSOASS boring? That's sacrilege.

what I mean is it lacked the power and energy that came from Somewhere in Time and Powerslave. I thought it was a bit weaker than those 2 albums. I LOVE Infinite Dreams which is a slow song for the first 3 minutes and the lyrical depth it has. I never liked "Can I play with Madness" or "Moonchild" but always loved "SSOASS", "The Evil that Men Do" and "Only the Good Die Young". I haven't liked to many things Adrian did as a song writer except his work on Somewhere in Time. Never liked Icarus or 2 Minutes to Midnight or even the Wickerman. I don't know why that is

^ very much so. I haven't exactly followed the popular beliefs of others. I feel more like an individual knowing I like different things and stand up for them. I always preferred Dave's songs to Adrian's (when Dave actually would write one).

what I mean is it lacked the power and energy that came from Somewhere in Time and Powerslave. I thought it was a bit weaker than those 2 albums. I LOVE Infinite Dreams which is a slow song for the first 3 minutes and the lyrical depth it has. I never liked "Can I play with Madness" or "Moonchild" but always loved "SSOASS", "The Evil that Men Do" and "Only the Good Die Young". I haven't liked to many things Adrian did as a song writer except his work on Somewhere in Time. Never liked Icarus or 2 Minutes to Midnight or even the Wickerman. I don't know why that is

I see you don't mention The Prophecy and The Clairvoyant, so I take you sort those two in the "meh" category. To me, The Clairvoyant is the best song on the album in terms of sheer fun (although I rate several songs on the album higher when considering other factors). Along with The Evil That Men Do, it just plain rocks. If one song from SSOASS would fit on SIT, it would probably be that one.

The Prophecy is both good and bad. As a whole it feels a bit disjointed, but the intro and outro are pure beauty. And on the album I think it fits well between the title track and The Clairvoyant. The only track that feels a little out of place is CIPWM.

The album as a whole feels very well put together, perhaps helped by it being partly a concept album. It also has what I think is Bruce's best vocal performance of any of the 80s albums.

The vocals are good on that album and yes, I felt the Clairvoyant and The Prophecy were not bad but not great either. That's why I didn't mention them. I think one of Bruce's best vocals of all time though is Rime of the Ancient Mariner. He did very well on the song SSOASS though as he did with Infinite Dreams. I always like story telling songs with depth. I find them the most lyrically appealing. I agree completely on CIPWM. Just an odd song for them to do I think

From Here to Eternity is great fun and I would love to hear them play it live.

Around these parts:

FOTD has some very strong songs scattered around the album, and not as much crap as you'd expect (just Weekend Warrior and The Apparition).

Chains of Misery is such a fantastic song. What a catchy chorus! I particularly enjoy Judas My Guide, The Fugitive and Childhood's End as well.

@eddie666 and all others: Here's some food for thought.

2923663657_2b1390ddaa.jpg

article-0-0C7A61FF000005DC-761_634x390.jpg

article-0-19F9E6A800000578-194_634x560.jpg

Back