Your Maiden blasphemy

Chains is not a great song, but it's not bad as it seems to be regarded on this forum.

I don't get it.
I've got my face in the sand? That I'll always be on my own?
I understand I'll be alone by now and it's okay. I'm no longer willing to live a lie, trying to be something I'm not.
I've no strong desire to post, just thought someone may have been interesred. It actually has helped me reach conclusions so fanx.
I'm happy reading the other stuff, but I guess my unpopular Maiden opinions were not quite popular enough;)

Caught Somewhere In Time is a great song, but it's not as good as it seems to be regarded on this forum.

There seems to be 2 camps around here for CSIT. One is the group that agrees it's a great song but overrated by the other group. The other group regards as one of the best songs Maiden has ever done.

I'm in the latter group myself, ranking only Paschendale and Aces High higher.

The crowd looks truly fanatical in those performances filmed in Latin America. No people messing around/texting/eating hot dogs/looking in the wrong direction etc, I can see that being a big selling point of filming there. What about sales of the finished product too? Who buys the most?

THIS! I cannot count the number of times Bruce has called people out just from the Maiden England tour alone in the states for people not interested. He called someone a wanker in Texas for texting through 3 songs and called out a guy in Vegas for messing around with some girls. He called him a Big White Anglo Motherf*cker during the song 2 minutes to midnight and left Adrian singing the chorus by himself

I wasn't complaining about Bruce, I was stating the idiots that seem to be doing other things in the states at shows. I am proud that Bruce stands up for people and calls out the wankers in the audience. I think it's funny for sure and most singers/artists would not do that and then again, maiden are still as metal now as they were back then in many aspects. Bruce has always been vocal about people doing things at Maiden shows.

I haven't witnessed any of that in Europe, though.

must be an American thing to play with phones, eat hotdogs at a metal concert and mess with girls. So dumb... I want to go to a show in Europe so bad and missed the Final Frontier shows in Scandinavia back when I was on Norway.

During the Paris gig in 2011, I was just behind an english guy in his 50s, apparently a true fan, who had made all the way from England just to see them, and the guy has litteraly watched the whole show through his telephone :confused:

^ tons of people in the states record the whole show now too. I wish more people had this technology in the 80s. Would have made for much better bootlegs for sure...

You are right in that respect, but the guy I was mentionning was physically there without actually looking at the show. He watched it through a small screen, which surprised me a lot. Of course, I've tried to find it later on the Internet, but in vain.

That is sad. I go to shows to see Maiden in the full view. Bootlegs and videos today may be higher quality but are not as valuable as the ones from the 80s when they played songs they no longer play today. Except of course their new albums

THIS! I cannot count the number of times Bruce has called people out just from the Maiden England tour alone in the states for people not interested. He called someone a wanker in Texas for texting through 3 songs and called out a guy in Vegas for messing around with some girls. He called him a Big White Anglo Motherf*cker during the song 2 minutes to midnight and left Adrian singing the chorus by himself
I was taking the mickey ever so slightly. I thought Bruce having a rant was a kind of on stage tradition going back a very long way.

And no, the phones thing is certainly done in the UK, depending what the crowd is like, ie is it full of fanboys/girls, or 'will my phone/tablet get smashed because the crowd is one big mosh pit'? Slash's show was terrible for it the other week, quite a few big meathead guys recording stuff for their girlfriends, but by contrast, there was very little of it at Sabaton this week - crowd far too lively! I have to confess I did a little bit, but I was standing on the balcony and my camera was resting on the counter in front of me, so it didn't get in anyone's way.

I've never noticed anyone messing with girls, though.

Back