Your Maiden blasphemy

IIrritating for those of us who would like to hear the music, but maybe they feel the need to keep people with a short attention span entertained. I certainly saw a few whose attention drifted during Seventh Son at Sonisphere.

It might be hard to believe, but I think at least %70 of the audiences that attend a band's show are casual fans looking for an event to spend quality time at. The rest are huge fans like people on this forum are for Maiden. You have to keep the casual fans entertained to keep selling tickets.

BNW has grown on me. I still don't think it's anywhere near the level that some hold it to, but it's a decent song.

Worst title track though? That has to be TFF.
"Number of the Beast" is the worst "Title Track" they have done

No way it’s worse than Iron Maiden. I’d be hard pressed to say Brave New World (repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat,…) is better either.

lol... the song Iron Maiden was brilliant live in 81 with the first couple shows with Bruce but yes, the studio version is not good. Lyrically, the song is the least creative thing I think Steve has ever done. Then again, purgatory is a repeat too and it's one of my all time favorites

All the title tracks are at least stellar. Even counting Still Life, Futureal and BOTWH, I'd probably say Iron Maiden or Final Frontier.

I think it stemmed from an interview somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I've definitely read it on this site somewhere in the past though.

If I remember correctly, the original title of TXF was Blood On The World's Hands.
How do you know this?

"According to producer Nigel Green:

"We all felt that the way things were progressing – the songs, Blaze's new involvement, the sound, the commitment – the new album really would have that extra quality, that bit of magic, that 'X Factor'. This became the working title for the album and we liked it, so we kept it. It is also very apt as this is our tenth studio album and "X" can bring up many images.""

I didn't know it. Was it from an interview with Steve ?
As for the worst title track, I would give the palm to The Final Frontier, without any hesitation.

I remember reading that BOTWH was to be the title track at some point as well.
Sorry, no source.

I've read that too, among other X related working titles.

And Xanadu! But they didn't want to be confused with some obscure Canadian band...

Not only do i prefer Gangland over Total eclipse, i think Total Eclipse is completely out of place on that album

Back