Maiden Tour 2014 (SPOILER TAGS REQUIRED WITHIN)

I'm not sure if this is a rehash of an interview we've read before. (The one where Bruce talked about being homeless). That was published before Bruce said 'no' to an album in 2014.

I don't have any source to quote, but I remember them saying 2014 would bring another record with original content, and this was by last october.
Let's hope it's not another Majesty of Gaia :D

Do you remember who said that ? Judging from the past, Bruce and Nicko are not reliable source, Harry and Rod are.

Judging from the past, Bruce and Nicko are not reliable source, Harry and Rod are.
Indeed, and they haven't said anything yet. Rod mentioned touring, but he didn't, I don't think, say anything about there being no album in 2014 (--which is what Bruce said). Does Steve ever say very much in this regard?

I haven't read anything from Steve. But now, I imagine they could enter the studio after the summer tour...

What are they doing before the tour? Perhaps they're planning studio sessions in the spring.

Do you remember who said that ? Judging from the past, Bruce and Nicko are not reliable source, Harry and Rod are.

A radio journalist covering their gig in my city said that (as in, "I interviewed Maiden and they said this"). He didn't gave further details tho. Still, I expect this to be somewhat true, since AMoLaD and TFF were released following the same planning. And if I remember correctly, the band expressed their wish to "tone down" the progressive influences for an hypotetical new album, giving it a more traditional heavy metal feel. This would also fit with the possible return of many songs from the early 90s, if they do another retro tour.

I don't want five new 'Run to the Hills' but I'd like them to lay off the long, progressive songs which I think there are too many of on the last two albums. If the next albums has more 'The Trooper'-esque songs to go alongside longer songs like 'The Leagacy' then I'll probably be happy.

I don't think they plan things well in advance. Back in 1989, when they began work on No Prayer, Harry decided that it should be a more direct album just because he didn't want to spend too much time in the studio and that he felt the urge to deliver new music. This was just the feel of the moment that dictated the album orientation. Smith and Murray made it clear in recent interviews that they don't know in advance what an album would sound like, Murray even adding that, MAYBE, Harry has something in mind, but only him. As for the next album, I'd like it to be a well polished record, something they are fully and truly satisfied of. It maybe that last one ever, after all, so it MUST be something memorable.

Last edited:
Back