Maiden Tour 2014 (SPOILER TAGS REQUIRED WITHIN)

Hehe. Well you don't really think I am the only one with that opinion?

To be honest, I don't mind them touring. I rather see them going in the studio before the summer, but hey, at some point you need to stop pulling a dead horse. They are simply not able to do that. Or don't want to do that, because they need to follow some brilliant planning which says that a creative band with members near and over 60 have to wait as long as possible to go into the studio.

However,I do hope something will be different in 2014 (and that something is not Bruce's hair length).

@harrisdevot: before you know it there will be a medal again. ;)

Last edited:
A radio journalist covering their gig in my city said that (as in, "I interviewed Maiden and they said this"). He didn't gave further details tho. Still, I expect this to be somewhat true, since AMoLaD and TFF were released following the same planning. And if I remember correctly, the band expressed their wish to "tone down" the progressive influences for an hypotetical new album, giving it a more traditional heavy metal feel. This would also fit with the possible return of many songs from the early 90s, if they do another retro tour.

That is interesting, thanks for sharing.

"I interviewed Maiden" --where's the interview then? Someone in Maiden, or associated with Maiden, either said this shit, or they didn't. We've got a rumour thread for a reason.

It was a radio interview. What I do know is that Steve and Bruce have been giving more information about a possible new album. Dave only said "we'll see". Although they announced a new record for 2014, but later changed that date to early 2015, I'd say they are going to work on that on the second half of 2014.

I don't have any source to quote, but I remember them saying 2014 would bring another record with original content, and this was by last october.
A radio journalist covering their gig in my city said that (as in, "I interviewed Maiden and they said this"). He didn't gave further details tho. Still, I expect this to be somewhat true, since AMoLaD and TFF were released following the same planning. And if I remember correctly, the band expressed their wish to "tone down" the progressive influences for an hypotetical new album, giving it a more traditional heavy metal feel. This would also fit with the possible return of many songs from the early 90s, if they do another retro tour.
It was a radio interview. What I do know is that Steve and Bruce have been giving more information about a possible new album. Dave only said "we'll see". Although they announced a new record for 2014, but later changed that date to early 2015, I'd say they are going to work on that on the second half of 2014.
Nobody else on this forum has mentioned any of this, to my knowledge. Can you provide any detail, beyond what you've said?

IMO, at this point, it's not worth it to speculate if any of the supposed new album details are true or not. This happens every time around, the band are always very coy and nonspecific when it comes to future recording plans. For all we know the album could still be out this year, or not even be started until next year after this short tour. Maybe we'll get some news when the tour is announced, akin to TFF in 2010.

I think tomorrow will answer all this speculation of what the tour is going to be based on. Sonisphere UK announcement, Maiden and Tallica are my bets. Maiden will of had the press release ready for monday, im guessing RaR forced the band to push the announcement so they can sell tickets. Maiden could announce Sonisphere and Wacken (if they are playing) tomorrow as well as any other festival thats not got a set announcement date and other stadium shows. That is if Maiden are playing Sonisphere, if not then we will have to wait till Tuseday for the Hellfest announcement. My guess is that its the 90s history part, which will be interesting to see if they filmed a doc dvd to go with it.

Hellfest is announcing on Wednesday. Nova Rock, Sonisphere Italy, Reading & Leeds, Roskilde, Wacken and Rock in Rome also have announcements this week.

Last edited:
Hellfest is announcing on Wednesday. Nova Rock, Roskilde, Wacken and Rock Werter also have announcements this week.

Well Tallica did Roskilde last year, so im guessing Maiden will do that. Metallica have never played Wacken so my money is on Maiden. As for the others im not as knowledgeable so wont try guessing. Im still nervous about Sonisphere, its a toss up between Maiden and Tallica especially with Tallica being the first headliner announced for Hamburg Sonisphere.

METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN TO HEADLINE SONISPHERE AT KNEBWORTH! :edmetal::rocker::clap:

1454820_10151842532731267_1224040476_n.jpg

Metallica and Maiden for Knebworth

Edit: Beaten by a few seconds!

Last edited:
announce14.jpg

IRON MAIDEN will return to Europe in Summer 2014 starting in late May with a short run of major festivals and a few select arena shows to round off their Maiden England World Tour which ends with a headline performance at the UK Sonisphere Festival in July as part of the 40th Anniversary celebrations at Knebworth Park. By the end of the tour the band will have played 102 shows in 32 countries to well over two million fans since starting in the USA in June 2012.

For details on tickets and to read the full Sonisphere press release click here.

The 2014 Tour will include dates in countries not visited during the 2013 leg and will be a much shorter run than is usual for a Maiden tour. Manager Rod Smallwood explains,

“The Maiden England 2013 Tour was incredibly well received everywhere and there is much demand from fans to see more and for the band to visit some places in Europe we couldn’t make it to this year so we thought we should play a few more shows. However this will be a relatively short tour in Maiden terms, starting towards the end of May and finishing at Sonisphere, Knebworth in early July. During 2014 we have something new we need to start thinking about, and on which we will be wholly and firmly focused going into 2015 and beyond!

As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period covered by those three DVDs – Early Days, Live After Death and of course Maiden England, along with one notable exception from the 90’s, the fans will know which song I’m talking about!

So for now, take care and look after yourselves and we’ll see you all next summer ”

More information on the upcoming dates will follow shortly so keep checking here for the latest information.

Cabaret! @Forostar

I like the sound of this bit:

"During 2014 we have something new we need to start thinking about, and on which we will be wholly and firmly focused going into 2015 and beyond!"

Back