Maiden Tour 2014 (SPOILER TAGS REQUIRED WITHIN)

I really want to believe that this is going to turn into Final Frontier phase 2 as far as scheduling goes, and we'll get a new album next year. But it really doesn't seem likely. In fact, there's probably a 0% chance of that happening. Even though they never formally announced they were in the studio back when TFF was being made, we all knew. That sort of info doesn't stay a secret in this age.

Yes, and Bruce said a pretty firm 'no' to an album in 2014, but 'maybe' to 2015.

I'm going to make an official prediction that they will start to work on a new album after Christmas and will do 1 new song on the tour and then release the album late next year or early 2015. Also, never take any future prediction that band members make too seriously because anything can happen in any order. It all depends on what the band wants to do and when they want to do it.

This is what Google Translate says the French guy says aout Metallica

Metallica nothing in France next summer!
But there will be about eight dates in Germany, but also in Werchter Belgium and Pinkpop in Holland.
If Maiden are doing more than one festival with Metallica then there's a couple more options.

I think Maiden are a certainty for a UK festival, its just which one. I think Tallica if they aint doing Sonisphere will do Reading + Leeds/Glastonbury (if Lars is to be believed). If i was to guess i think Maiden and Metallica either do all the Sonispheres together or alternate between each other. Maiden do England and a few countries and Metallica do the others. It seems weird that Metallica would do 8 dates in Germany and not one in France, to me just doesnt make much sense. As for Maiden i think apart from Sonispheres, theyl probably play Roskilde, Rock Werchter/Graspop and a few stadium dates. I dont know any italian festivals but if theres one that can attract Maiden then theyl play it, if not then itl be a stadium date.

Where the hell has Lars suggested that Metallica will be playing Glastonbury? Please provide links for this kind of stuff.

There has been an Italian Sonisphere in the past, plus some pretty awesome looking festival called something like Gods of Metal.

They're giving away a free Final Frontier bag if you buy anything in the shop tonight (while stocks last). I went to have a look and have been unable to get into the shop. Might be something to do with that.

Where the hell has Lars suggested that Metallica will be playing Glastonbury? Please provide links for this kind of stuff.

There has been an Italian Sonisphere in the past, plus some pretty awesome looking festival called something like Gods of Metal.

http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/73219 If Metallica play Glastonbury id like to see how they go down as Glastonbury is sold out already i think. Ive heard of Gods of Metal, i think Maiden will do the Italian sonisphere then.

I don't see Metallica, or any Metal band, playing at Glastonbury because it has never happened before and the festival is very family friendly (despite being a drugs haven) and I don't consider a Metallica crowd at a festival to be particularly family friendly. I know that Bruce Dickinson said that Iron Maiden would never play Glastonbury.

I've never been but curious as to why you don't like them as was thinking of going but not sure now!

They're major rock festivals that are as commercial as they get. Apart from Maiden and Metallica, there will probably be one or two further metal bands, and the rest is filled with anything from hip hop to hipster indie synth pop.

I am not really a festival fan in general ... I'll see what other dates are announced and what the setlist is and try to go see them this year (assuming the tour does not hit the US)

I am not really a festival fan in general ... I'll see what other dates are announced and what the setlist is and try to go see them this year (assuming the tour does not hit the US)
Hopefully it will hit us stateside, as I'm not a fan of festivals either. I'm hoping they make it back here in the early fall, so they don't just do the horrendous outdoor amphitheatres and give us a decent indoor show here in Chicago.

Hopefully it will hit us stateside, as I'm not a fan of festivals either. I'm hoping they make it back here in the early fall, so they don't just do the horrendous outdoor amphitheatres and give us a decent indoor show here in Chicago.

Ever since the 2008 concert, I have wanted them to return to the Allstate Arena in Rosemont... that place was fucking phenomenal.

Back