And the 2013 setlist was....

Yeah well, we're not making rules out of rumours. Never did, never will.

It is one thing to make rules out of rumors, but it seems pretty clear there will at some point be some sort of Maiden tour

Was just bringing up a potential point. Wasn't expecting anything to get discussed or changed, but just had to give my two cents on the matter.

If what you say is the case, Forostar, then why couldn't we discuss spoilers freely between August 2012 and May 2013? The tour technically wasn't going on then either. Same situation there, but zero tolerance was given.
Correct me if I am wrong: Because then we knew that the tour would go on. Now we don't know for sure.

Oh, let's not turn this into another speculation thread...

Straight from Dave Murray's mouth: no plans for next year. No plans to tour. No plans to record. That doesn't mean they won't do one of those things, but there are currently no plans to continue the Maiden England tour.

Anywho. AFTSS is one I'd love to hear live. Hope everyone enjoyed the tour!

True..I mean just because Dave says so doesn't mean its true...he could be holding back information he isn't allowed to say yet...or he simply isn't in the know of anything yet but management might be.....

Whatever the case, I hope we make a spoiler free thread to discuss things in going forward because my impression is that we're a large majority here who doesn't care too much about spoilers, and only a few who who uttered that that they don't want things spoiled....So instead of the large majority having to use spoilers all over the forum in every sub section, why can't the few just stay away from the tour spoiler thread? :p (of course spoilers still apply anywhere else on the forum, but at least then everyone could just go and chat in the same thread about tour related things)

So instead of the large majority having to use spoilers all over the forum in every sub section, why can't the few just stay away from the tour spoiler thread? :p (of course spoilers still apply anywhere else on the forum, but at least then everyone could just go and chat in the same thread about tour related things)
Because we'd still be using spoilers everywhere else anyway. One thread without spoilers isn't going to really help much is it?

Well, it'll be a thread like this one. a mega tour thread if you will..where everything related to to the tour would go..so if it's related to the tour in any way you go here and discuss it..so you minimize the spoiler talk elsewhere on the forum too...I kinda like how we can just talk about it here without having to...

Put everything in Kin' spoilers

:p

Was just bringing up a potential point. Wasn't expecting anything to get discussed or changed, but just had to give my two cents on the matter.
As previously stated, when the next tour is planned we will discuss the spoiler rule and making changes or evolutions to it. I make no guarantees we will make any changes - but we'll have the discussion. In the meantime, enjoy spoiler-free time.

If they play Maiden England again, blame Iron Maiden for spoiling the setlist for you, I guess.

It used to be...stay away from Maiden forums or enter at your own risk if you don't want things spoiled! or that's the policy of many forums...

I'm curious to know how many here on the forum actually has avoided reading about the set or the stage? And for whom the spoiler policy on the forum has actually worked? Or if we are just upholding some rule that all of us regulars don't care about. :p

Me too. By the way guys, LooseCannon said a few weeks ago that we'll discuss spoiler rules prior to the next tour (with a "yeah, yeah, yeah" included) so if we could stop talking about spoiler convention and talk about the set list instead that would be great.

I thought the set list was great. It wasn't perfect but you can't please everybody. In terms of songs I hadn't seen before, I enjoyed seeing 'Phantom of the Opera' the most despite not being a fan of the studio version of the song. The inclusion of 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers', 'Aces High' (especially with the spitfire!) and 'Wasted Years' was fantastic as well. I'm not too bothered by the exclusion of 'Hallowed be thy Name'. It's my favourite song of all time but I'd already seen it five times before this year so I didn't mind it being given a break. However, I would have liked to have seen 'Fear of the Dark', 'The Number of the Beast' and 'Iron Maiden' dropped this year in place of other songs from the relevant era such as 'Heaven Can Wait' and 'Infinite Dreams' to freshen things up a bit. Those three songs are great live but I've seen each of them seven times now and I'd like to see some other songs, particularly at that end of the set (at least 'The Number of the Beast' was moved to a place earlier in the set, which was a surprise to me). The re-introduction of 'Run to the Hills' was a particular high point for me. You can say that it's overplayed all you like but I think think it's bloody awesome!

One think I would like to point out about this year's tour is that Bruce didn't mention Clive Burr at either show I attended but Dio got a speech and a song dedicated to him in 2010. WTF?

I know they donated money for him for a long time before he died, so it's not like they didn't care about him.

This image is on the front page of the official site now

bannerimage125.png

Maybe that's enough proof that no, this tour won't continue next year?!

Yup. But fear not, for they will, inspired by the QR 2010 tour. embark on a full blown Cabaret, stripper poles and all.

:D

As for the Clive thing...I believe Dio died while Maiden was on tour so it was kinda natural at the time to say something while it was still new ...For Clive he died a couple of months before they embarked on the Maiden England tour so perhaps Maiden thought they didn't want to labor the point anymore than had already been said about his Death....And they had addressed it on Facebook and on the site those couple of months earlier too.

This image is on the front page of the official site now

bannerimage125.png

Maybe that's enough proof that no, this tour won't continue next year?!
No, they just said that the Chile run of Maiden England is over. The Maiden Caberet is not over!

:ninja:

Back