10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
15. Churchill's Speech/Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

The Maiden England 2013 tour is over and with it the spoiler oppression. Hurray!:clap:

Any thoughts or feelings on the setlist? Are you furious that 'Hallowed be thy Name' was dropped? Are you fed up of 'The Number of the Beast', 'Fear of the Dark' and 'Iron Maiden'? Should 'Heaven Can Wait' and 'Infinite Dreams' have been included?

I wish they dropped TNOTB or Run To The Hills instead of Hallowed.
Caught Somewhere In Time would've been better than Aces High. Or any other song from SIT except for Heaven Can Wait/Wasted Years.
Infinite Dreams > Moonchild+CIPWM

Ofc I loved the concert I saw, but with Maiden having so many great songs you can rarely be fully satisfied with their setlists :)

I really liked the setlits and think it worked amazingly well at the three gigs I went to (Lisbon, Donington and Zagreb). Personally I would have dropped 'Aces high' and had 'Hallowed be Thy name' instead, and probably would have included 'Infinite dreams' and 'Die with your boots on' in lieu of 'The number of the beast' and 'Fear of the dark', but as far as metal shows goes, it is difficult to think of a better show.

Personally, I was too happy with hearing four songs live that I had not heard live before (Prisoner, ATSS, POTO, SSOASS) to care too much about which songs were not included. Of course, I would have loved Infinite Dreams and/or Caught Somewhere in Time, but I think the setlist was good overall.

It was absolutely excellent, very well performed in my opinion, even if some of those choices might be getting a bit tired for anyone who has seen them several times. Seventh Son was a dream come true, and Phantom and Clairvoyant were the other highlights for me. But ATSS was much, much better live than I expected, and FOTD was very well received. I'd have ideally liked Hallowed (still time for that, another tour perhaps?) and Infinite Dreams would have been just too good for words! I'd maybe have swapped one or two things out for more of the original Maiden England setlist.

I have little problem with the setlist, I would have liked to see Infinite Dreams and not have had Fear of the Dark, but overall, I really enjoyed it. Seeing Phantom, SSOASS and The Prisoner were cool

Having a break from Hallowed was actually kind of cool, but I hope to see it on the next tour.

The setlist was really cool and it flowed really well. I think Hallowed Be Thy Name is a song that should never be dropped again, they could've used this tour to play some really rare songs, such as Killers and Still Life. Fear of the Dark is a live staple, it just has to be played, and Infinite Dreams would've been amazing. I think they should have played more Somewhere in Time songs. But songs like Phantom of the Opera and Aces High were a good addition. This here would've been much better imo.
1. Moonchild
2. Can I play with Madness?
3. Prisoner
4. Still Life
5. Infinite Dreams
6. Wasted Years or The Trooper
7. Killers
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. The Evil That Men Do
10. Number of the Beast
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
----
15. Aces High
16. Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm still bummed I missed this tour, as I absolutely love this setlist. SSOASS is my favorite album. Moonchild, Madness, SEVENTH SON!, Evil That Men Do, and Clairvoyant + surprises like Phantom and Prisoner + a bunch of songs I've never seen live (ATSS, Aces High, Wasted Years)...I think the setlist is awesome.

Hallowed definitely deserves a spot and it would have been great to see Number of the Beast, Iron Maiden, or Running Free dropped from the set. Overall, this must've been a killer show!

I thought the setlist worked well as a unit, it was definitely exciting, but it was too repetitive compared to the previous history tour and didn't quite live up to the "Seventh Son/Maiden England" vibe.

I would've taken out Aces High, Two Minutes, The Trooper, Run To The Hills, Running Free, and put in Caught Somewhere In Time, Die With Your Boots On, Killers, Infinite Dreams and Stranger In A Strange Land.

I'm sorry, but ME without Infinite Dreams is like SBIT without Powerslave. Doesn't quite cut it.

Good riddance of the spoiler oppression! :p

Due to this occasion, I would like to freely state they played Afraid to Shoot Strangers and The Prisoner! And Aces High! And SSOASS! :D And it could have been much better, just as Lego above me wrote. And the sound at the Zagreb show sucked big time, but the Rock In Rio gig sort of made up for it, it's nice to have a TV-quality bootleg.

I had a great time, jumping up and down during Phantom with great mates from the forum. Seventh Son and Afraid to Shoot Strangers were the other highlights. Minor glitch on the setlist: I certainly would have loved to see Infinite Dreams. This was probably the only possibility, but hey, it was awesome nonetheless!

It was a great shame I couldn't attend the show in Istanbul this time. Seeing Seventh Son, Afraid to Shoot Strangers and The Prisoner could be very cool.

Yeah, ATSS was such a fantastic song. I bet it becomes a live staple from now on, it went down so well! Lots of singing along and clapping, plus it's easy on Bruce ;)

Other highlites for me were The Prisoner, SSOASS (that was a dream come true) and Phantom, which I thought was a neat choice of non-Maiden England song.

I just have to comment one thing about this whole tour spoiler stuff: Here were are now, talking about the tour without spoilers (because the last day of the tour was yesterday). So, what happens if this rumored 2014 tour is "Maiden England part 3"? Then we will have went all this time (probably up until March-April, which is usually when they announce any summer/fall news), spoiling anything and everything when it could very well be going on again next year? Just pointing out a potential flaw in a possibly nonsensical rule.

Anyways, I'm just remarking that I have always been against this whole spoiler thing, and how strict it is.

Anyways, back to the topic... my ONLY disappointment this year was no Infinite Dreams. When they announced that this would be based off their Seventh Son tour, I was more excited about possibly hearing Infinite Dreams over Seventh Son even. So very disappointed they didn't play it; I understand the reason, but that one song would have made a nearly perfect setlist PERFECT.

And my friend saw them for the first time this tour; he was disappointed they didn't play Hallowed Be Thy Name. I can understand his frustration, being his first time seeing them, but I was indifferent on the matter (caught the song live in 2008 and 2010, so I'm good).

Highlight definitely were Afraid to Shoot Strangers (sadly, I noticed that it was during this song when a lot of people left their seats to, I presume, go to bathroom or get another drink), Phantom of the Opera, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Aces High was very great too for the encore opener; set the mood very well, and with the way it went down it was almost like the concert was starting back up for a second time.

Never was a big fan of Running Free, I'm sorry. I can't believe they've closed on that song three years in a row now. I don't know what could have replaced it though. I would have probably taken anything over it.

Still can't believe I actually heard Bruce say, "SCREAM FOR ME, ST. LOUIS!"... always thought I'd have to settle for Chicago or Indianapolis. Can't believe they actually came within 30 miles of my own home. Definitely my favorite concert out of all six times I've seen them so far, just for that reason.

It's indeed a bit of an odd situation. But not that different. If the same thing goes on or not, we need to talk in spoilers again, when the tour starts/continues, not earlier. Some fans might not want to know in advance if there would be a change or not.

Last edited:
If what you say is the case, Forostar, then why couldn't we discuss spoilers freely between August 2012 and May 2013? The tour technically wasn't going on then either. Same situation there, but zero tolerance was given.

The rule specifically states "no tour discussions (outside of spoilers) until after the last day of the tour"; so if the tour decides to continue next year, then aren't we all being hypocrites right now? Again, just pointing out a potential flaw in the whole spoiler rule.

Where does this idea come from that Maiden will or would continue the Maiden England tour next year? Is there some source of information I am not aware of?

Never was a big fan of Running Free, I'm sorry. I can't believe they've closed on that song three years in a row now. I don't know what could have replaced it though.

*Cough* Hallowed *cough* ;)

I had a great time, jumping up and down during Phantom ...

Seeing the entire "floor" crowd from above while they were doing that, was among the visual highlights of the show for me. A really impressive sight.

Where does this idea come from that Maiden will or would continue the Maiden England tour next year? Is there some source of information I am not aware of?

Going off of that rumor from Rod a few weeks ago (?) that they may tour in the summer of 2014.

Whether that's true, or if it's gonna be Maiden England or not, is up for speculation. I was just bringing up a point in my previous posts.

Back