IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're referring to the Rock in Rio performance, maybe in a few small areas was he not in top form. Could have also had something to do with the editing/sound mix.

But when I saw them two weeks ago in both Kansas City and St. Louis, Bruce was an absolute beast on those vocals. Same can be said for the Chicago and Indianapolis shows from last summer. In my opinion, Bruce has not sounded any better than he does today.

Don't base an entire tour on just one performance. Maybe he was sick, tired, or any other number of things on Sunday night. Every member has their off days.
I thought he sounded pretty good in Stockholm as well, but my opinion is, that he's been slipping a bit in the past five years, and peaked 1997-2001. The RiR 2013 performance gets better though as I said further into the show (Both vocal-wise and sound wise. The extra vocal compression that comes along after a few songs makes the vocals sound better and more even as well, thus more enjoyable)

Bruce sounded spectacular in Austin .. very impressive especially given all the running around he does. I would be seriously winded

Bruce certainly didn't look tired or sick the way he jumped around on stage from the opener to the encore!

As for when he sounded best...well, I agree he is in a lot better control now but I do enjoy listening to young Bruce as well...Beast On The Road shows, Piece of Mind era shows...When he had that ultra clean voice :D

Don't get me wrong, Bruce is a top notch vocalist, but I think he's sounded better in recent years than the current tour.

I agree that the RiR performance was not the best I've seen from Bruce, but he still sounds amazing. Compared to the older live shows (80's) in particular, he has improved vastly.

I think the early 2000's is the best Bruce has ever sounded.

but I do enjoy listening to young Bruce as well...Beast On The Road shows, Piece of Mind era shows...When he had that ultra clean voice :D
Same thing with me : that '82 Hammersmith Odeon recording is just amazing ; is voice is so pure. In the mid 80s they toured too intensively, which almost ruined his voice. Nowadays, he is really good, but he has lost that cristal clear voice that was his trademark during his first tours with Maiden. The man is absolutely incredible though. I had to see what Halford has become to fully realize it.

Yeah. I was sending the link to a friend today, and that's when I found out that it was removed. Did a search for others, and couldn't find a single one. The two that we posted on the previous page have both been removed due to "copyright material".

Is it ok with the mods if I put up few download links for the show? Even if it gets released as a DVD in the future, it's technically a bootleg at this moment :)

Do you guys really think it's going to be officialy released ? I didn't find it really great (too many views of the crowd, and too much attention on Bruce), but the technical quality of the footage is valuable. If it's not released, I'd like to get a bootleg.

Do you guys really think it's going to be officialy released ? I didn't find it really great (too many views of the crowd, and too much attention on Bruce), but the technical quality of the footage is valuable. If it's not released, I'd like to get a bootleg.

No idea but what you saw was the festival's recording of that show. If Maiden is gonna release it they would have had their own camera crew there as well and when they go in and do the editing Steve will probably decide what shots you see when etc...So it'll be the same show, but it won't be the same footage.

Beautiful footage, beautiful show by a gorgeous band. I can agree that Bruce's vocals are a bit shy this time but there's still plenty of entertainment. Unexpected "devilock" from Bruce in Seventh Son. And in my opinion, the sound quality is very nice.

No idea but what you saw was the festival's recording of that show. If Maiden is gonna release it they would have had their own camera crew there as well and when they go in and do the editing Steve will probably decide what shots you see when etc...So it'll be the same show, but it won't be the same footage.

True, but they could also use the exact same footage if the band owns the rights to the video. It all depends on what legal arrangements the band and the festival decided on. I really like the camera work and really enjoy it. God bless Steve for wanting the images reflect the energy of their show, but sometimes less is more. I love the nice long wide shots of the stage in between songs and the shots of the crowd. It helps convey the vibe of the show and makes the viewer feel more involved with the whole experience!

Anyone else feeling slightly put off by how bright everything around the stage was? All those projection screens, audience lights, and that glowing red structure in the background kind of took away from the vibe of the stage show a bit... RiR '01 was such a fantastic contrast, with much more light and shade IMO

Beautiful footage, beautiful show by a gorgeous band. I can agree that Bruce's vocals are a bit shy this time but there's still plenty of entertainment. Unexpected "devilock" from Bruce in Seventh Son. And in my opinion, the sound quality is very nice.

I agree with you. Beautifully shot concert that really captured and preserved this tour nicely.
The sound, was decent for a webcast. You can tell they were caught off guard for some reason at the very beginning and were tinkering with it throughout the show. After viewing this show for about 3 times now on my 60 inch tv with 5.1 surround stereo system, I really enjoy the "rawness" of the audio. Nice heavy thumping bass, vocals get adjusted nicely, and although the drums and guitars sometimes drown each other out at times, it is a very solid show!
I think Bruce was spot on and his vocals were terrific, but the inconsistent audio mix didn't do him justice and it's easy to feel like Bruce wasn't top notch. He showed more energy at this event than I've seen of him this tour so far, so he may have been a little winded, but still put out an awesome, beastly performance! It's like they were all showing off knowing that this was their time to shine!
The stage itself, is a beauty to behold, the Rio main stage reminds me a little of the Rolling Stones huge stage for the steel wheels tour in 89. Plus, you have Maiden's full stage set into this enormous piece of art!
Although I have Rio now backed up on DVD, I'd buy this show day one from Maiden if they officially release it! Although, I'm hoping the release the download fest uncut too! No Steve Harris edits, just let the event play out au natural! :)

Last edited:
Anyone else feeling slightly put off by how bright everything around the stage was? All those projection screens, audience lights, and that glowing red structure in the background kind of took away from the vibe of the stage show a bit... RiR '01 was such a fantastic contrast, with much more light and shade IMO

Not so much put off, but suspecting that there is really no way to do all the lighting justice. It had to be awesome for those who attended. I see what you mean though, Maiden's stage looked like a matchbox nestled into a shoebox compared to the main stage they were on with all it's lighting. At least it looks like they coordinated the lighting to reflect what maidens's lighting was doing. Again, I'm guessing the recording just can't do it justice... All that eye candy!

Not so much put off, but suspecting that there is really no way to do all the lighting justice. It had to be awesome for those who attended. I see what you mean though, Maiden's stage looked like a matchbox nestled into a shoebox compared to the main stage they were on with all it's lighting. At least it looks like they coordinated the lighting to reflect what maidens's lighting was doing. Again, I'm guessing the recording just can't do it justice... All that eye candy!
True, I did like the way everything was so synced up with what was happening on stage! I guess the audience lights and other background stuff were more of an eyesore for me. Don't get me wrong, great show, but I wasn't as captivated visually as I was with RiR 01. That and all the people recording with their cell phones was a bit sad :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back