IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I did like the way everything was so synced up with what was happening on stage! I guess the audience lights and other background stuff were more of an eyesore for me. Don't get me wrong, great show, but I wasn't as captivated visually as I was with RiR 01. That and all the people recording with their cell phones was a bit sad :lol:

I agree! Too many cellphones these days! What ever happened to bic lighters? Plus, when I'm at a show, I'm trying to record the best full length show on MY phone. All the other phones keep getting in my way ! :p

If you guys do a search on YouTube like "iron maiden rock in rio 2013 full concert". It comes up again. Somebody has a new 1080p version up! As of right now... This second... Lol

One thing I'd like to mention in respect to a discussion from earlier:
Wasted Years is bang on the album timing. In fact I think it runs a few seconds shorter here (at RiR) than on SiT. So they are not playing this any slower than the album. Yes, they used to play it faster live --but, personally, I think it sounds better at the speed it was originally recorded at, which is what they're now doing live.

I think it has been mentioned before that they would be recording it so it isn't surprising that he was there....What remains to be seen though is f they'll actually use it...for live album/DVD or not...

As for something that Lego ( I think) said earlier about being captivated by the show and the atmosphere that's also something a professionally edited DVD can do....This was a live stream remember....so what the camera crew decided to focus on at that exact moment was what you got to see....If Maiden releases this on DVD I'm sure they'll establish more shots that sort of brings the dynamics and the stage/atmosphere show out of it...

Last edited:
According to Kevin Shirley's Facebook page, he was in Rio to mix Maiden for the webcast. And, that's a pretty common occurance for live shows. I felt the mix (or band, for that matter) didn't really settle in until
The Prisoner.
Lego mentioned this two pages back, in case you missed it harrisdevot...

Hoho! We'll let you off...:p

I had a little break there for a while, but I'm back on Rock in fucking Rio 2013! You have to commend the old gents for going all out & playing...
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (all 12 minutes of it, or however long it is) at a big festival like RiR. I'm looking at the crowd, as they play it --& they're either bored shitless or utterly entranced by giant staring Eddie... he is pretty hypnotic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back