What Iron Maiden song you heard first?

I think it was 2 Minutes To Midnight, thanks to GTA Vice City. An immediate transformation from a gamer geek to a metal geek. :p

wow. Never knew GTA had such an impact on Maiden's popularity.

The Knife Master said:
wow. Never knew GTA had such an impact on Maiden's popularity.

Oh, it did.  :innocent:

I can't remember for sure, it was either 2 Minutes to Midnight (Vice City, yeah) or Aces High. I've got the dates mixed up in my memory.
Or maybe it was even earlier. I remember my dad playing "a record with a brain on it" when I was only a few years old.

The Number of the Beast:

First heard it from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 game in 2002 when I didn't know or care who they were (I was about 8 or 9).

I heard the song again on Guitar Hero 3 in 2007 when I was like 13 or 14, and my love for the band started to kick in there. :)

me it was number of the beast

in a vidéo game(tony hawk pro skater 4) i thaught it was the best song of the game so i was only listening to that song ,by now one of my favourites
Same here! Although, it took me until I heard that song again on Guitar Hero 3 for me to fall in love with them.

Whoa, did you guys not know Phantom was in this advert, with old Daley Thompson? I guess it might have only have been on TV in the UK?

Can't remember the first song I heard, but my first experience of Maiden was when my sister gave me a mix tape with Led Zeppelin (Early days probably) & Iron Maiden/Iron Maiden. So, Prowler, Phantom, & all that. Needless to say I kept the tape...

I don't remember that advert either - very glossy for British television. Most of it (barring period dramas and nature programmes) was cheap and crap as anything around that time. There were only three channels, too.
The first Maiden song I clearly remember was The Trooper, but I must have heard others before that. My Dad used to listen to the Friday Night Rock Show on Radio One. Usually while we played marbles in the living room :D

Mine was Run to the Hills. If memory serves correct, I first heard it on some weird VH1 commercial involving cats running away from these weird creature things. Sounds odd, I know. If I can find a video of it, I'll post it. Sometime later, I actually came across the music video for it and thought it was the coolest thing ever! I even recorded it on a VHS tape and would watch it constantly. It wasn't until years later that I actually fully got into Maiden. It's funny watching the music video for it now because I can remember watching it when I was young, not knowing who anyone in the band was and now of course, I know. :)

And just as I post this, the video is on my TV as we speak on VH1 Classic! :lol:!!!

The first song I heard was “the sign of the cross”, my father used to put it at night when I was still a little child because he thought that the song was scary...I was so scared that I cried when he forgot to put it.

He also used to listen to “bring your daughter.... to the slaughter...” really loud when I was crying instead of taking care of me...

The first song I heard was “the sign of the cross”, my father used to put it at night when I was still a little child because he thought that the song was scary...I was so scared that I cried when he forgot to put it.

Where did he put it?

Back