Worst Iron Maiden Song

LOL, understood! just aint Maiden to me.......just my opinion....guess i am bit old school and just cant get into Blaze..........not the same caliber of singer to me.
No, he's not. He's a different singer, after all. Blaze is a darker, more moody, almost growling voice. Kinda like a dab of death metal. I think he's a very competent singer, especially on his own work, both Wolfsbane and his solo stuff.

To me, every song on No Prayer... (except maybe "Hooks In You") is better than "The Wicker Man"! Then again, I am in a tiny minority of Maiden fans who actually loves that whole album, so there you go! lol However, it was amazing to hear an Adrian Smith solo on a Maiden track again, so I loved hearing that when that single first came out. xD

You've made Foro the happiest man in Holland since before the Euro Cup.

To me, every song on No Prayer... (except maybe "Hooks In You") is better than "The Wicker Man"! Then again, I am in a tiny minority of Maiden fans who actually loves that whole album, so there you go! lol However, it was amazing to hear an Adrian Smith solo on a Maiden track again, so I loved hearing that when that single first came out. xD

Maybe not every song, but I agree that most of the songs on No Prayer are better than The Wicker Man.

Maybe not every song, but I agree that most of the songs on No Prayer are better than The Wicker Man.

I'm amazed that someone here actually agrees with me about that, and stated such so soon after I made that post. lol But then, I find the No Prayer album to be very underrated, whilst I also find "The Wicker Man" to be very overrated, and actually one of the weakest tracks from "Brave New World"...

I don't think so. The Rock in Rio intro+TWM is one of the greatest ever.

I agree with Rotam. Also, I think its the best opener of the reunion era, perhaps the best after Aces High. The first 4 tracks of BNW are enough to make the album one of Maiden's best ever imo.

For me, the best opener of the reunion era is "Wildest Dreams", and the only opener since "Aces High" I'd rank lower than "The Wicker Man", is the "The Final Frontier" (which I also happen to rank as the worst opening track on any Maiden album). I'd be surprised if anyone agrees with this opinion though!

"Brave New World" is one of Maiden's best ever albums though, no question.

For me, the best opener of the reunion era is "Wildest Dreams", and the only opener since "Aces High" I'd rank lower than "The Wicker Man", is the "The Final Frontier" (which I also happen to rank as the worst opening track on any Maiden album). I'd be surprised if anyone agrees with this opinion though!

Yeah I disagree 100% with this. :p

TFF is a pretty poor opener, I'd agree. (Probably one the poorest from TFF album.) Wicker Man is a great opener --but a song that blows hot & cold with me, generally. It's overall status, I think, has been greatly elevated by it's impact as an opener; particularly on RiR. Good chioce, by Maiden, in this respect. But if I hadn't heard it as an opener, I don't think I'd rate it as highly. NPftD is indeed a fine album, with many faults, but some great music. Sadly neglected by Maiden, in the live setting.

Oh? lol How have I done that?
First it was the Apparition, now wholehearted love for No Prayer.
He's been looking for support since long before I arrived on this board.

As for TFF, I seem to be one of its biggest fans.
For me it has everything a straightahead rocker should have, catchy riff, singalong chorus, cool lyric, memorable solos.
Yeah it's simple, and similar to Wildest Dreams, but it hits all the buttons that one misses.
It's a fist-pumping, glorious anthem and it sucks North America (except Florida) will never get to experience it live.

First it was the Apparition, now wholehearted love for No Prayer.
He's been looking for support since long before I arrived on this board.

Woah, is he really the only one here aside from me who loves all of No Prayer? I knew I was in a huge minority with that opinion, but even so... lol

As for TFF, I seem to be one of its biggest fans.
For me it has everything a straightahead rocker should have, catchy riff, singalong chorus, cool lyric, memorable solos.
Yeah it's simple, and similar to Wildest Dreams, but it hits all the buttons that one misses.
It's a fist-pumping, glorious anthem and it sucks North America (except Florida) will never get to experience it live.

I feel the complete opposite way to you, as in that to me "Wildest Dreams" hits all the buttons that TFF misses. :p I find the former amazingly catchy, uplifting, with a singalong chorus, and it's capped off with a blinding solo by H. Again, I know I'm in a minority when it comes to loving that song, but it's always bewildered me why so many don't seem to like it... opinions eh? lol

I don't think the board hates No Prayer. I know I don't.
Let's just say Foro likes it more than most of us.

I seem to like the simple songs more than most on the forum, but Wildest Dreams doesn't do it for me.
I find it too generic and hearing it live didn't change that.

Woah, is he really the only one here aside from me who loves all of No Prayer? I knew I was in a huge minority with that opinion, but even so... lol

I feel the complete opposite way to you, as in that to me "Wildest Dreams" hits all the buttons that TFF misses. :p I find the former amazingly catchy, uplifting, with a singalong chorus, and it's capped off with a blinding solo by H. Again, I know I'm in a minority when it comes to loving that song, but it's always bewildered me why so many don't seem to like it... opinions eh? lol
For Wildest Dreams, I love the Song. But the Live version from Death on the Road is way better, The overall sound is better, and H's Solo could murder those who aren't Maiden Fans.

Back