The Future Past Tour 2024

Source? If Bruce wants to do a US winter 2025 tour, then the 3rd leg is for sure, and in the summer. Maiden can still record the album at the start of the year (February-April, with the 3rd leg in May/June) and release it in 2026 (because I doubt they will release it when Bruce is on tour due to the promotional campaign). But Maiden's favorite time to release albums is in the autumn, so they have to change their habits and release the album in early 2026 with a summer support tour. With this scenario, a new album is not that likely, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.
Bruce mentioned about NA solo tour in some interviews.

Have Maiden ever successfully recorded an album in secret? Seems like we’ve known every time they’ve been in studio since the reunion.

Imo if there is going to be another album (not a sure thing), the studio time is already on the calendar. I’ll be curious to see what they decide to do after this year’s tour, as it’s entirely possible that Maiden is about to wind things down as well.

Caveman lives in Australia right…? I know it’s cheaper to fly him to Europe, instead of the whole band down under, but it must be nice to record during the Australian summer

I don't think so, Bruce's planning North American solo tour for Winter of 2025, so he would enter the studio in March and April to record tracks for 18th Maiden studio album. It'd be just before the 3rd leg. I guess they record next album later in 2025 and release in May next year, then promotional tour starts.
And what's stopping Maiden from recording a new album early 2025 and doing a summer tour June through August? That leaves plenty of time for Bruce to take a break and do solo dates October through December if he desires.
It's highly unlikely Maiden are going to roll out a brand new tour next year so my money is completely on a 3rd leg.
Them releasing album 18 in September followed by 2026 tour dates won't conflict with a Bruce winter run either.

There is 0 unreleased Maiden tracks recorded. They wanted to record another one in 2021, but they abandoned the project due to logistical issues.

That said, I'm almost certain they will record in the first half of 2025.

I wouldn't bet on that, but that’s just a gut feeling, no inside info or anything
I have the gut feeling about that, especially considering how the previous album was recorded.

I think 2025 will be new album recording plus Euro summer tour (1 new song played, Alex and Hell On Earth stay in rotation, other things might change).

Fall and winter 2025 - solo activities.

Predicted album release: September 2025

I have the gut feeling about that, especially considering how the previous album was recorded.

I think 2025 will be new album recording plus Euro summer tour (1 new song played, Alex and Hell On Earth stay in rotation, other things might change).

It's gonna leave a very short gap between the end of this years your, studio, rehearsals for next summer and tour start if we go by the tour starting in late May like usually.

Actually a 2014 scenario seems much more realistic. Short European tour in 2025 to cover places they didn’t play last year before heading to the studio in September-ish.

That leaves early 2025 for solo activities and rest for those who want that.

It's gonna leave a very short gap between the end of this years your, studio, rehearsals for next summer and tour start if we go by the tour starting in late May like usually.
I think if they derivate from TFP tour (the center-piece tracks stay, plus 5-6 changes), I think 14 days of rehearsals will be enough.

They also, for better or worse, record the albums in a month and a half lately.

I think end of February-May recording plus mid June-end of August tour is possible.

I think this is the most likely scenario.
Very true. But their schedule will probably be busy next year as well. And - they write and record for not a long period of time now, they always have ideas and this year (starting from the end of the tour last year) is like a full break (except for Bruce). Depending on the songs they might change for the 3rd leg, much rehearsals won't be needed I guess.
Actually a 2014 scenario seems much more realistic. Short European tour in 2025 to cover places they didn’t play last year before heading to the studio in September-ish. That leaves early 2025 for solo activities and rest for those who want that.
That's also possible, but it means they'll have to release the album around March 2026 if they want a summer tour. The last time they released an album this early was in 1998.
I think if they derivate from TFP tour (the center-piece tracks stay, plus 5-6 changes), I think 14 days of rehearsals will be enough.
That much changes? Who knows, but I think 2/3 at most. The 3rd leg could be special with 1 (or 2 wow) of the other SJ songs.

That much changes? Who knows, but I think 2/3 at most. The 3rd leg could be special with 1 (or 2 wow) of the other SJ songs.
They changed 5 songs during SBIT and 4 during LOTB, so, it's possible.

I think they could drop to 4 Senjutsu and 4 SIT songs.

They changed 5 songs during SBIT and 4 during LOTB, so, it's possible.
The situations were different though. One was in 2009, and for Legacy it was because of the SJ songs and they changed 4 but removed 5 songs.
I think they could drop to 4 Senjutsu and 4 SIT songs.
Edit: I think 1 new SJ song and 2/3 changes of songs like Celts, Madness, Prisoner and even Writing (played a lot already, plus: Time Machine is a great live song like it and Days is the name of the tour, but it's possible). And still it's kind of doubtful (for Prisoner, Celts). The other songs, I can't see them being dropped (especially the SIT songs). They can add/choose from songs like: Darkest Hour (doubt Parchment, sadly), Stratego, Number, Hallowed, Clairvoyant, Brave New World, Futureal...

Last edited:
Back