The Future Past Tour 2024

Is Bruce just a little confused, or should we read more into his words?

My translation
"Dickinson: ...It's 43 solo shows followed by an Iron Maiden tour from August through Christmas...."

Source: Interview with the "Augburger Allgemeine", a German daily newspaper (not a music magazine)

Is Bruce just a little confused, or should we read more into his words?

My translation
"Dickinson: ...It's 43 solo shows followed by an Iron Maiden tour from August through Christmas...."

Source: Interview with the "Augburger Allgemeine", a German daily newspaper (not a music magazine)
Maybe he means rehearsals start in August.

However, a few Balkan in mid-august are still an option, but at this point, I'd say unlikely.

Yeah, rehersals will start in August, so maybe one or two shows in Balkans/Greece are in cards. In this interview Bruce stated he will play circa 90 shows on his own and Maiden's combined. Now Bruce's schedule is absolutely full (46 shows) and IM have announced 41 shows so far. I think they may add 3 or 4 shows mainly in South/Latin America. I think Argentina and Costa Rica are in plans and the band shared picture from live show with Costa Rica flag exposed. I hope in March/April we know their plans.

Last edited:
Dickinson’s forthcoming tour will also see him play highlights from his solo records to audiences as far afield as South America (“These people have been waiting years to see this stuff live”). Then there’s a new Iron Maiden album to be made, after his trip to Australia to, hopefully, improve his digeridoo playing.

I think there's a chance for a few more SA dates, but that's it. Bruce will need a break.
We've already discussed the info above and can't be sure if the quote is from Bruce. But he kind of hinted that they want to play in Greece with this tour in a recent interview, so a 3rd leg is very possible. And we know that Maiden make plans in advance. Which means they can do like for SJ (original plan) - record the album in early 2025, the 3rd leg in the summer and album release in September with a tour starting in 2026. But what if Bruce wants to do more solo shows next year too? They can switch around this time and he will do a winter tour in the US. If it's a summer tour again, they can still record it early next year and do the 3rd leg in the winter. However, there is another option. Their next tour could be Hits again and that could change everything, apart from Bruce's plans for next year. I doubt Maiden will record an album and sit on it for the continuation of a new Hits tour, again. Bruce has a creative spark again, Maiden have desire, SJ was received great, but that one interview with Steve in which he mentioned the possibility of releasing albums without touring makes me think the next tour could very well be Hits again. They don't even need a theme for it, they can just celebrate their 50 years. Nicko also expressed a wish to bring back more deep cuts in the future. I know this is a collective decision, but if Steve is really in no hurry to make another album (I doubt it), the band will just have to go along with it. And Bruce and Adrian have side projects. It's a little complicated.

I think there's a chance for a few more SA dates, but that's it. Bruce will need a break.
We've already discussed the info above and can't be sure if the quote is from Bruce. But he kind of hinted that they want to play in Greece with this tour in a recent interview, so a 3rd leg is very possible. And we know that Maiden make plans in advance. Which means they can do like for SJ (original plan) - record the album in early 2025, the 3rd leg in the summer and album release in September with a tour starting in 2026. But what if Bruce wants to do more solo shows next year too? They can switch around this time and he will do a winter tour in the US. If it's a summer tour again, they can still record it early next year and do the 3rd leg in the winter. However, there is another option. Their next tour could be Hits again and that could change everything, apart from Bruce's plans for next year. I doubt Maiden will record an album and sit on it for the continuation of a new Hits tour, again. Bruce has a creative spark again, Maiden have desire, SJ was received great, but that one interview with Steve in which he mentioned the possibility of releasing albums without touring makes me think the next tour could very well be Hits again. They don't even need a theme for it, they can just celebrate their 50 years. Nicko also expressed a wish to bring back more deep cuts in the future. I know this is a collective decision, but if Steve is really in no hurry to make another album (I doubt it), the band will just have to go along with it. And Bruce and Adrian have side projects. It's a little complicated.
A third leg is 100% happening, I will put money on a brief summer run in Europe 2025, it will be a stop gap type thing, record a new album before summer for a release in Sept, with a new album tour kicking off 2026

If yes, It's time to record another one and release a quadruple album next year or 2 releases and something special for the 50th anniversary of the band. It will be the 18th and 19th albums, and 20th album for 2030 closing their career :ninja:

Anyway. I think they're will be the 2025 headliners for Donnington next year :lol:

A third leg is 100% happening, I will put money on a brief summer run in Europe 2025, it will be a stop gap type thing, record a new album before summer for a release in Sept, with a new album tour kicking off 2026
I don't think so, Bruce's planning North American solo tour for Winter of 2025, so he would enter the studio in March and April to record tracks for 18th Maiden studio album. It'd be just before the 3rd leg. I guess they record next album later in 2025 and release in May next year, then promotional tour starts.

I don't think so, Bruce's planning North American solo tour for Winter of 2025, so he would enter the studio in March and April to record tracks for 18th Maiden studio album. It'd be just before the 3rd leg. I guess they record next album later in 2025 and release in May next year, then promotional tour starts.
Source? If Bruce wants to do a US winter 2025 tour, then the 3rd leg is for sure, and in the summer. Maiden can still record the album at the start of the year (February-April, with the 3rd leg in May/June through August as usual) and release it in 2026 (because I doubt they will release it when Bruce is on tour due to the promotional campaign). But Maiden's favorite time to release albums is in the autumn, so they have to change their habits and release the album in early 2026 with a summer support tour. With this scenario, a new album is not that likely, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong. It's really curious what they decide to do next, probably more than ever.

Last edited:
Back