The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are talking about a band that never hesitates to replace key members such as the frontman or one of the main songwriters. The band is arguably at the hight of their popularity and with five members performing at the top of their game (just look at Bruce for gods sake, the man is good to go for at least another 15 years) Joe Lazarus will be a energetic addition in a few years time ;) You can really tell that Nicko needs to re-arrange the songs to accommodate him at this point while Lazarus was rehearsing the SiT material earlier this year. The writings on the wall!
is Joe on standby i wonder?

Also, i really want to try for a resale ticket for one of the London 02 shows but i'd be so dissapointed if they dropped CSIT or Alex. I think they did something similar when they had DoD and Paschendale in the set and dropped one(both?) of them

is Joe on standby i wonder?

Also, i really want to try for a resale ticket for one of the London 02 shows but i'd be so dissapointed if they dropped CSIT or Alex. I think they did something similar when they had DoD and Paschendale in the set and dropped one(both?) of them
Not touring with the band right now. He usually techs for British Lion, but he is in the US on tour with a different band. Check out his Youtube channel and notice how true he stays to Nickos style.

Two or three more nights and we'll have a Bruce performing equally good as in 2018. Yesterday was awesome and he's gonna be even better soon.

I still don't understand the reactions to DOTC. Listening to some of those Youtube recordings from last night reminded of why I love that song so much. Very athmospheric, beautiful intro/outro and a kickass instrumental section in the middle which always pumps me up and apparently sounds even better live with the slightly increased pace. I really hope it stays in the setlist so we get it on a live album.

Two or three more nights and we'll have a Bruce performing equally good as in 2018. Yesterday was awesome and he's gonna be even better soon.

That may well be. This idea that he suddenly became old as a rock between 2018 and 2022 and can no longer sing never made really sense to me.

Just one request for Bruce: Shut up when Adrian solos. I need to hear this properly.
Can't they give him something to play with so he doesn't get bored?

That artwork is connected to Prisoner TV show, I guess they open AI tool and search Prisoner TV show and they got generated artwork in DoD album cover quality :D
The Prisoner was filmed at Portmeirion, the artwork is the village itself.
The TV show. I do agree that the painting coverinh the amps can be quite lazy but that’s just how it is for 20 years, and at least I found it beautiful. As for the artworks, really liked most of them tbf. The digital screens at the sides fit perfectly, Wasted Years was poignant with the many different event arts.
Thanks for the answer, never watched the show so I didn't know that.

The artwork is based on the TV show The Prisoner which, as it happens, is also what the song is based on (what a coincidence!) This is where the introduction sample is from.

I knew about the song being based on the show (just like Back In The Village is) and about the sample, but didn't know what it looked like, since I never watched it.

They could have drop can i play with madnesss and play only the good die young. I bet the thought about it to include this song too. Maybe next tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back