The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what if CSIT is not played due to difficulties or other reasons. What will be the opener? The only obvious choice would be Senjutsu, although I’m not a fan of the song.

So

1. Senjutsu
2. Sea of Madness
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. The Trooper
5. The Time Machine
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Days of Future Past
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. 2 Minutes to Midnight
10. Hell on Earth
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
1. Alexander the Great
2. Wrathchild
3. Wasted Years

Days of Future Past could actually be a decent opener if they shaved the intro off and just came in nicely on the verse riff. Be a bit like the first four reunion album tours, actually.

I was wondering what if CSIT is not played due to difficulties or other reasons. What will be the opener? The only obvious choice would be Senjutsu, although I’m not a fan of the song.

So

1. Senjutsu
2. Sea of Madness
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. The Trooper
5. The Time Machine
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Days of Future Past
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. 2 Minutes to Midnight
10. Hell on Earth
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
1. Alexander the Great
2. Wrathchild
3. Wasted Years
Days Of Future Past.

Stratego has more chance to be played thab Senjutsu IMO. But most likely, none of them 2 will be played.

I am mildly excited about the tour (it is Maiden after all and one of the shows would be my daughter’s first Maiden concert), but the Senjutsu/Somewhere in Time does not do much for me: my least favourite reunion album combined with my least favourite album by the classic line-up… I am sure I will have a good time though.

I actually think DOFP is a better opener than Senjutsu. Has those hits at the beginning which could sound massive live and H's powered riff folliwing immediately. Verses are fast as are all parts except choruses.

If you pair it with something like Sea Of Madness or 2MTM immediately afterwards, it would work great IMO.

I am mildly excited about the tour (it is Maiden after all and one of the shows would be my daughter’s first Maiden concert), but the Senjutsu/Somewhere in Time does not do much for me: my least favourite reunion album combined with my least favourite album by the classic line-up… I am sure I will have a good time though.
I'll take a full album performance of Senjutsu anyday, AMOLAD tour was a step in the right direction! They almost played the full BNW album in South America (8/10 songs), should have done the whole thing!

I'll take a full album performance of Senjutsu anyday, AMOLAD tour was a step in the right direction! They almost played the full BNW album in South America (8/10 songs), should have done the whole thing!

If the idea is combining a couple of albums, a classic and a reunion one, my choice would have possibly been A Matter of Life and Death + Piece of Mind.

Anyway, it is their tour, not mine. :lol:

If the idea is combining a couple of albums, a classic and a reunion one, my choice would have possibly been A Matter of Life and Death + Piece of Mind.

Anyway, it is their tour, not mine. :lol:
Might be time for a post reunion album celebration tour too! The setlist they did in 2010 (early Final Frontier setlist) was one of the best I ever seen! (Should have had Paschendale in there instead of Wrathchild)

TBH I have seen Maiden live somewhere between 15 and 20 times since 1988 and I never really cared much about the setlist. It's Maiden. I would go if they played christmas songs for 90 minutes straight. I mean, yes, it is exciting to see a song that's never been played before, but at the end of the day, I don't care. And when it comes to the new tour I am more excited about Stranger than Alec.

I would go if they played christmas songs for 90 minutes straight.
Iron Maiden 2024 setlist:
  1. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  2. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  3. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  4. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  5. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  6. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  7. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  8. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  9. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  10. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  11. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  12. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
Encore:
  1. Wrathchild

Iron Maiden 2024 setlist:
  1. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  4. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  5. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  6. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  7. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  8. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  9. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  10. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  11. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
  12. Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover)
Encore:
  1. Wrathchild

If they replace Wrathchild with Crazy Christmas (Blaze Bayley cover), which BTW I think has never been played before, so deep cut, I am there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back