Your Maiden blasphemy

Band got more bigger and famous so had a bigger fanbase and attention so any single will get higher
This, plus the fact that a hard rock band with no radio play gets a Top 10 makes the "gap" between #3 and #7 a bit insignificant. The competition in the two respective periods could also be taken into account.

And, thanks to you, random neurones connected giving me a short glimpse of Assassin with Paul, fantastic but couldn't keep it for long.
As for me, I think Paul's style of singing and Nicko's signature drum beat on the verses (a pattern he has used many times) REALLY don't mesh. Although Nicko did play with Paul a few times (under a mask of Eddie) doesn't cancel out the idea that they may be the two most incompatible musicians in Maiden's (recorded) career.

As for me, I think Paul's style of singing and Nicko's signature drum beat on the verses (a pattern he has used many times) REALLY don't mesh. Although Nicko did play with Paul a few times (under a mask of Eddie) doesn't cancel out the idea that they may be the two most incompatible musicians in Maiden's (recorded) career.

Care to eloborate buddy because I've never ever ever had a thought in that direction. Any examples from other records, other bands?
A drummer and a singer that don't fuckin mesh? I very nearly start shouting crock of shit but I'll try and behave. For now.

I think it is the best song they did in the 90's

Actually, I do not like the chorus, it slows the song like on When The River Runs Deep. I like the other parts in the song - Dave's solo is fantastic, again, great twin lead guitar harmony, speed tempo and Bruce singing makes the song creepy, which suits the album. :)
Run Silent Run Deep kicks proverbial butt

Very underrated song, I quite like it ! Superb chorus, fantastic intro and guitars harmonies that with the melody transport you at the bottom of the sea with a submarine... I think I read somewhere that Bruce had said that this is the worst Maiden song. o_O
My favorite 90s song is a toss between SoTC and Mother Russia. Love me some Mother Russia.

Mother Russia is great, especially the intro/outro and the solos. But, Fear of the Dark is the best song in the 90's !

Last edited:
Imo Run Silent Run Deep is too slow. If it was faster it could have been the best song on NPFTD.

Imo Run Silent Run Deep is too slow. If it was faster it could have been the best song on NPFTD.
It's definitely among the best on that album, IMO, though I'd give "Fates Warning" the edge in that contest. (Cue FW haters in 3...2... :p)

Fates Warning and Public Enema are both top 3 songs of No prayer. I find the chorus of Run Silent Run Deep very annoying for some reason.

Am I being the bridge between the two camps by saying that I find all of Holy Smoke, Bring Your Daughter, Fates Warning and Run Silent more or less equally good then?

No Prayer is definitely in my bottom three of Maiden albums, but it's still a fairly decent record. But both Killers and Fear of the Dark are better.

I definitely like No prayer better than Fear of the dark and I also like the production more. Especially the snare drum on fear of the dark annoys me for some reason.

I find it hard to rank the albums on a list, so I put them into tiers instead, where they can get promoted and demoted - the only constant is Powerslave at number 1.

Right now, it looks something like this:

Top tier: Powerslave, SSOASS, The X Factor, AMOLAD, The Book of Souls
Above average tier: Killers, Piece of Mind, Brave New World, Dance of Death
Average tier: Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Somewhere in Time, Fear of the Dark
Below average tier: No Prayer for the Dying, Virtual XI, The Final Frontier

I'm sure some people will find it quite blasphemous :D

I find it hard to rank the albums on a list, so I put them into tiers instead, where they can get promoted and demoted - the only constant is Powerslave at number 1.

Right now, it looks something like this:

Top tier: Powerslave, SSOASS, The X Factor, AMOLAD, The Book of Souls
Above average tier: Killers, Piece of Mind, Brave New World, Dance of Death
Average tier: Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Somewhere in Time, Fear of the Dark
Below average tier: No Prayer for the Dying, Virtual XI, The Final Frontier

I'm sure some people will find it quite blasphemous :D
:nonono:

You should add "Powerslave tier" in order not to forget what place it deserves.

Back