Your Maiden blasphemy

Maybe more also because it has poor production and doesn't sound like Maiden at all (style wise)
VXI for example sounds much more like Maiden
Does it really sound bad compared to some albums that came before it like the debut and NPFTD though? I think the drums really sound great on TXF though. I guess TXF does have a somewhat garage sound lol. It took me a long time to appreciate TXF, I've always preferred VXI over it until just recently.

The Queen album A Day at the Races should have been the Stones' follow-up to Exile on Main Street. Just image (sic), that would be awesome! And image (even siccer) if the Stones had recorded A Day at the Races with Jimi Hendrix in the mix. Amazing!

They're different bands. It doesn't work that way.

It could have been. Depends how much input Blaze would have. Could have had similarities.

Just thought of a few that may not be unpopular but rather atypical -

I love Can I Play With Madness. IMO, there are no bad songs on Seventh Son - probably the only 80s album I can say that about.

I like Gangland more than Total Eclipse

I don't think Wasted Years is a great live song - something about the tempo when they do it live throws it off for me.

Maiden could've just released two albums after Seventh Son (assuming that Bruce never bailed).

First album containing the following tracks:
Tail Gunner
Holy Smoke
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaugther
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity
Wasting Love
Fear Of The Dark
Lord of the Flies
Man on the Edge
Futureal
Angel and the Gambler (Edit)
Virus

Second album is a double disc containing the following tracks:
The Wicker Man
Brave New World
Ghost of the Navigator
The Rainmaker
Paschendale
Montsegur
Dance of Death
Different World
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Final Frontier
El Dorado
If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
The Book of Souls

And they would've had 7 straight killer albums since Bruce joined instead of just 5 straight killer albums.

I may have said this unpopular opinion before, but I feel I must say it again. Maybe it will help it's legacy..

The Angel And The Gambler is one of Iron Maidens best songs. I really wish it was seen as a classic to more fans, because to me it is. I wish they would play it live again.

I may have said this unpopular opinion before, but I feel I must say it again. Maybe it will help it's legacy..

The Angel And The Gambler is one of Iron Maidens best songs. I really wish it was seen as a classic to more fans, because to me it is. I wish they would play it live again.

That is literally the only song in Maiden's catalogue that, if they played it live, I would actively leave my seat to go to the bathroom.

Maiden could've just released two albums after Seventh Son (assuming that Bruce never bailed).

First album containing the following tracks:
Tail Gunner
Holy Smoke
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaugther
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity
Wasting Love
Fear Of The Dark
Lord of the Flies
Man on the Edge
Futureal
Angel and the Gambler (Edit)
Virus

Second album is a double disc containing the following tracks:
The Wicker Man
Brave New World
Ghost of the Navigator
The Rainmaker
Paschendale
Montsegur
Dance of Death
Different World
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Final Frontier
El Dorado
If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
The Book of Souls

And they would've had 7 straight killer albums since Bruce joined instead of just 5 straight killer albums.

For me you are missing the only two great songs on NPFTD: Mother Russia and the title track.

Back