Your First Maiden Gig ?

^^MeTaLeRo^^ said:
Welcome, Andrew.
Sadly, I haven´t been to a Maiden concert yet. When they came to Argentina in 2004, I didn´t have enough money to afford the trip, tickets and hotel as I wasn´t working at that time. However, I hope to attend one show before I get buried  :bigsmile:
Luckily I could see Priest in 2005 and DIO last year, which were absolutely great both of them.

Cheers!
:yey:I went to an Iron Maiden concert in Brisbane. They were brilliant and Bruce still looks youthful.

1992-St. Paul, MN. at Roy Wilkins. I was actually VERY lucky to go to that show because I won tickets off the radio for being the 10th caller. Testament opened and they were pretty amazing as well.

2007 Matter of the Beast at Brixton (Clive Burr Trust Fund). Well, I was 13 at the time and it was an amazing show, great setlist aswell. Hopefully I should be going to see Maiden again this/next year.

Saw them 2008 on SBIT-tour. To be honest, I don't remember much as I didn't see much. I remember Rime and FOTD very well, though; before Rime, Bruce addressed Helsinki in his speech, even though we were in Tampere.  :lol: And since a live version of FOTD was what made me really listen to Iron Maiden, I remember the moment they began playing it extremely well. Amazing. Unfortunately couldn't get to Sonisphere this year, it would have been great to see them play the newer songs now. No stopping me the next time they come to Finland, or anywhere near if they don't come here, though.

2010 at the 02 in Dublin, had alot of train and ferry travel to get there but it was sooo worthit    :blush:
best band ive been to see and i loved the set list, still wish they wouldve kept paschendale over dance of death (enjoyed the later more than i expected though, a much better song live) and it almost brought a tear to my eyes having blood brothers dedicated to the late great Dio     
Best night of my life... recently

April of 1987 the 'Somewhere in Time tour'  waysted opened for them

Was at Met Center in Bloomington Minnesota........  I was a freshman in High School.      :rocker:
Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
1992-St. Paul, MN. at Roy Wilkins. I was actually VERY lucky to go to that show because I won tickets off the radio for being the 10th caller. Testament opened and they were pretty amazing as well.

I went to that show at the Wilkins as well that was the 'Fear of the Dark' tour if I remember correctly. 

Also saw the 'Seventh Son tour' at the Met Center in Bloomington with Megadeth opening.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Wow. Testament and Iron Maiden touring together. That must have been some show.
How's this for a Thrash show though: Testament, Onslaught, Warbringer. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. :edmetal:

My first Iron Maiden show was their 2006 Glasgow date at the SECC on the AMOLAD world tour. I was only sixteen at the time and as it was only the third gig I'd ever been to I didn't expect the crowd to be so violent. I got completely crushed as soon as the riff to 'Different World' started and had to crowd surf out. The experience was slightly ruined by that as I was absolutely dead on my feet for the rest of the night.

Please, oh please do not ban me for saying this...

I've been an Iron Maiden fan since 1986 (how I became one is an interesting story in itself). Yet, the first Iron Maiden concert I went to was in 2006. I went twice (that's an interesting story too, I guess):

October 7, 2006 Camden, New Jersey
October 12, 2006 Uniondale, New York

So, my friends and I wanted to see them, but we wanted to only go to a show with a pit area so we could go right up to the stage. Little did we know that Maiden demands that for every venue they headline in - we ended up picking Camden, because it showed a pit area (and you could buy tickets for that area), even though Camden, NJ was almost 200 miles away. My brother (who couldn't make the 7th), myself and a few other friends then went to the show at Nassau Coliseum. And I've since realized I didn't have to drive 200 miles to see them someplace with a pit.

Fortunately, the good part of that was that I got to see them twice.

I've got a lot of IM concert-going to catch up on.

July 1982... Winnipeg Arena as special guests to Scorpions (Girlschool opened the show). We had to run the gauntlet of fundamentalist Christians that had joined hands and tried to encircle the venue. These folks were pleading with us not to enter the arena... we found it pretty humorous.

Back