Your First Maiden Gig ?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys n gals

I'm Andrew - a newbie - this is my first post - so.............HI !  :hello:

What I'd like to know is..................when and where was your first Maiden gig ?

My was 1982 - Huddersfield Polytechnic - Beast on the Road Tour (showing my age !)

Cheers
Andrew

Welcome, Andrew.
Sadly, I haven´t been to a Maiden concert yet. When they came to Argentina in 2004, I didn´t have enough money to afford the trip, tickets and hotel as I wasn´t working at that time. However, I hope to attend one show before I get buried  :bigsmile:
Luckily I could see Priest in 2005 and DIO last year, which were absolutely great both of them.

Cheers!

My first Maiden gig will be when/if they tour Australia next :mad:

Well, I was really stupid that I declined to go with my brother to see a Brave New World gig in Prague (in those days, I thought Maiden is a stupid noise). Then, I was really stupid and lazy so I missed another gig, this time in early 2003 in Zlin, The Czech Republic (in those days, I thought I would not travel some 300 km to see a two hour gig).

So, the end of 2003 (if I'm correct) - Dance of Death is my first (Prague, The Czech Republic). I only remember being disappointed by the crowd pressing me from all directions (my first metal show :) But then, Eddie ripped up Prague in 2005 and I was there too and it was great and now I hope nothing will stop me to see IM in Ostrava on 6.6.2007 (some 400 km from Prague, hehe :)

Welcome, Andrew.  You're not the only old guy here: my first concert was on the World Slavery Tour in December 1984, in Kansas City, USA.

Hi Andrew, welcome ! Nice starting topic, can't remember this one.
Huddersfield !! :)

My first gig was:

2nd of September, 1992
Den Bosch, Brabanthallen - Netherlands

andrewt67 said:
Hi guys n gals

I'm Andrew - a newbie - this is my first post - so.............HI !  :hello:

What I'd like to know is..................when and where was your first Maiden gig ?

My was 1982 - Huddersfield Polytechnic - Beast on the Road Tour (showing my age !)

Cheers
Andrew

sounds strange the title "newbie" with a first gig like this !!!

*edit*

7th son tour

Welcome man.  My first Maiden gig was on the 21st of June 2005 in Athens.  Although a relatively short show,  with songs I wouldn't care if they were played (Wrathchild,  Prowler...) the show was absolutely great  :yey:.  I couldn't go right to the front though,  as I was wearing a cast for my leg :(

G'day All,
I'm another 'Newbie' and I gotta agree with Aceman. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and the last time the Fellas came to my town was 4th May 1985. At the time I was 12 years old and my parents wouldn't let me go!!!! My teenage son and all his mates are the new breed of fans. Its so disappointing that 2 generations my never get the chance to see the best group on the planet. I personally know of atleast 50 headbangers, young and old, who would be willing to travel 1000's of miles just for the chance to watch the best at work.
Calling all fans PLEASE help us to get the lads to Australia!

Peace to all.
Tallonion

2005 at the Molson amphitheatre on the early days tour after that show I was hooked. I saw them again on the A Matter of Life And Death tour and hopefully will see them on the second part of the early days tour if they come to Canada or the U.S.

Perun said:
28.11.2006, Palais Omnisport de Bercy, Paris.

plus you saw them from the front raw.... *jealousy mode*

and the third ? it was in London wasn't it ? did you went finally in Earls Court ?

Back