Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

• Total voters
It is an incredible album ... I love its production and lyrics. Choosing one is extremely difficult for me, but I think for the greater good of god is awesome and live greetings from Chile!

Last edited:
I watched the Uniondale bootleg the other day from the AMOLAD tour. I forgot how good the show was. I was lucky enough to see them at Earls Court on that tour. It was such a ballsy move to play the whole album but it worked so well.

I watched the Uniondale bootleg the other day from the AMOLAD tour. I forgot how good the show was. I was lucky enough to see them at Earls Court on that tour. It was such a ballsy move to play the whole album but it worked so well.

The two shows at Earls Court are among the best Maiden shows I have seen. The entertainment provided by the band when the power went off for half an hour the first night was absolutely hilarious.

I think The Legacy still wins over BTATS for me. However I must admit that I've also grown particular to The Longest Day over time, repetitive chorus or not.

TBH "Sliding we go..." part is probably the best song part on the album.

The problem with The Longest Day is form me The Longest Chorus, of course.

The Longest Day's chorus is good, the melody at least, but it's just repeated a bit too much.

The Longest Day's chorus is good, the melody at least, but it's just repeated a bit too much.

It's great song for me, to describe all the happenings in the D-Day. I like the lyrics because they are so cinematic and so can totally get immersed to the action.
For me the whole song works and I don't think there's much at all need of change, but I understand if that whole building and building, some chorus and then it might not totally satisfy someone waiting for their minds to blow etc.

I really understand why people don't like the chorus (I prefer to concentrate on the guitars there, I don't know, they just make the chorus feel really alive for me), but it's the awesome triumphant harmony that kicks in at about 5:33. I mean, that's one of the pinnacles of the album for me. The song is very much like "dragging through the mud" while the enemy keeps shooting us... and this is like you finally break free and run and you know the day is going to be yours. And the way Davey's solo just finishes it off and brings it up to another level entirely...

Yeah, I guess you could say it's your run-of-the-mill Maiden reunion song... But then again, you could say that the Beatles were a bunch of dorks whose best songs on their debut are covers (Anna, Baby It's You, Twist and Shout)... :D

Also, completely off topic (at least Longest Day-wise) - although I've never been an h fan, his Different World solo is one of the best Maiden solos ever. Ever. I've been saying it for quite some time, but it needs to be said again. It's soaring, melodic, emotional, lively... and it single-handedly turns one of the weaker tracks on the album into an absolute classic by itself.

Man, this album rocks so much. I haven't had a proper "Maiden mood" for quite some time now, but I still give AMOLAD a spin from time to time. My love for it hasn't diminished in the slightest over the last fourteen years since it came out. Yeah, it's really been that long. Huh.

It's great song for me, to describe all the happenings in the D-Day. I like the lyrics because they are so cinematic and so can totally get immersed to the action.
For me the whole song works and I don't think there's much at all need of change, but I understand if that whole building and building, some chorus and then it might not totally satisfy someone waiting for their minds to blow etc.
One thing that I love about this song is when Dave solos over the guitar melody just before the last chorus. This is the first time that I ever noticed Maiden doing this. They do it to great effect on TRARB and BOS.

The chorus length/repetitive melody of TLD isn't at all a bad thing, to me, but it does fall short following the tense buildup of intro and verses. You expect something big, spectacular and creative at the end of that, so it feels like an anticlimax.

Colours is my favorite. You can really feel the soul of the band in its 'band of brothers' vibe, and to me that's Maiden's strongest feature.
Lord second and Breeg third.

TBH "Sliding we go..." part is probably the best song part on the album.
I don't know why people like that part, I find it boring almost as bad as chorus. I like the verses, and of course the best part of the song is the instrumental section.

I don't know why people like that part, I find it boring almost as bad as chorus. I like the verses, and of course the best part of the song is the instrumental section.

Because it is fantastic? :D

This is possible the best example of a Maiden song where fantastic music and incredible lyrics tell a story in a very graphic way. I get goosebumps whenever I listen to those lyrics. The Longest Day is a masterpiece that takes you to the D-day landings.

• Love
Reactions: Jer
Because it is fantastic? :D

This is possible the best example of a Maiden song where fantastic music and incredible lyrics tell a story in a very graphic way. I get goosebumps whenever I listen to those lyrics. The Longest Day is a masterpiece that takes you to the D-day landings.
I listened to the song today and focused on the lyrics, and they are really really good, but I find that pre chorus too long it should be chopped in half, just like the chorus.
Also as someone not from a western country, I don't care too much about the D-day, the first time I knew what it is I was like 23. I don't know if this is relevant but maybe cultural background can make us like some songs more, which is not the case for The Longest Day for me.
The song is still really good, but it is not too remarkable on an album that has BTATS, TROBB, Legacy ...

Benjamin Breeg is probably the highlight of this album for me, I don't feel there's a single Maiden song that sounds anything like it. FTGGOG is excellent too.

The pre chorus in Longest Day is the single best vocal Bruce has ever recorded. I practically fell off my seat first time I heard it, and it makes the chorus just sound dull in comparison.

I've never understood the love for BTATS though. For me that song is extremely long, repetitive and verges on being a bit boring.

Benjamin Breeg is probably the highlight of this album for me, I don't feel there's a single Maiden song that sounds anything like it. FTGGOG is excellent too.

The pre chorus in Longest Day is the single best vocal Bruce has ever recorded. I practically fell off my seat first time I heard it, and it makes the chorus just sound dull in comparison.

I've never understood the love for BTATS though. For me that song is extremely long, repetitive and verges on being a bit boring.
They groove on a Breeg like never before!

Back